Author Topic: Is it leaving?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline monkeyman

• Posting Member
So I have just hit the third year mark of my gyno and was seriously contemplating surgery, but in the past few weeks ive noticed some changes. First, a crater of some sort has formed directly under my nipples in the gland itself, and the surrounding gland is not as hard as it once used to be. I can even feel places where there is less gyne then there once was. Is it leaving,or is it just my gyno playing games with my head?

Offline DBH1029

It all depends.  Some gyne is triggered during puberty and never goes away, and others seem to go away.  If you are younger than 18 I would wait and see because as your body changes, this problem could fade.  ;D

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Congratulations! Hopefully the volume in your chest will stay away and not return. This volume was most likely swelling within your breast tissue and if it is currently gone it may very well stay gone. Be happy, this is not often the case ;D 

Breast tissue often becomes painful and swollen. This may represent a time of expansion. In your case it appears that your swelling is receding. I am very happy for you.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Dr. Cruise, in cases where the breast tissue does get painful and swollen, from your experience, how long does that typically last in an adult (middle aged) man with diagnosed idiopathic gyne? When the cause is not known, I assume the enlarging and pain eventually stops, but when?  I mean, typically, does it resolve in a year, two years....unknown?  I've had painful tissue under my left nipple for nearly 4 months now, and there's no end in sight.  It's very disconcerting. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024