Author Topic: drugs  (Read 3107 times)

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
so how much does smoking weed and drinking really affect gyne. I know marijuana has a unknown effect on hormones, and drinking makes it so your liver can't break down estrogen in your body, but is there really any hard evidence that the intoxicants are a direct cause. I know I had a steady growth of my gyne before I touched either substances, I have a really fast metabolism, im 20 and since i started smoking and drinking, 3 years ago I havn't really noticed changes. I am kinda a frequent user (helps me deal with the stress from gyne ;]) but I'm just wondering if it's worth quitting after my surgery cause I def don't want this to come back after dropping 6.5 G's
f*ck gyne

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Animal studies have shown that Marijuana does significantly increase Estrogen levels in males. Differences in the degree of this effect seem to be more a function of individual physiology that of the drug itself. That is to say that some are more susceptable than others.

Because of the fact the the active  ingredients in Marijuana are oils, they are stored in the body fat and released slowly. Thus the effects of marijuana can be prolonged.

It has also been noted that drug testing finds traces of marijuana long after the last use while water soluble drugs are excreted much more readily and alcohol is eliminated faster yet.
Grandpa Dan

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Is it worth quitting? I guess that depends on what $6000 is worth to you. Trust me, having gyne come back might suck even more than when you developed it originally. I might as well have taken $5000 and shoveled it into an oven.

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
So are u saying it came back for you after you had surgery?

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Yup, that is exactly what I am saying! I will explain further if you would like me to, but suffice to say I smoked a ton, got gyne, quit and had surgery. Eventually I started smoking like a madman again. It took 7 years, but it came back.

Offline MX

• Posting Member
Yup, that is exactly what I am saying! I will explain further if you would like me to, but suffice to say I smoked a ton, got gyne, quit and had surgery. Eventually I started smoking like a madman again. It took 7 years, but it came back.

did it come back because you gained weight? or just because u smoked pot?

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member

did it come back because you gained weight? or just because u smoked pot?
Hard to say because I did both. I guess there is no way of knowing for sure. Why temp fate? I am an idiot for letting it happen again, that is the one thing that is definite here.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Though I cannot speak from personal experience, I've heard that smoking pot leads to a bad case of the munchies. This in turn would lead to weight gain.

If this is true, The pot would get you either way.

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
lol. i dk for me, being bored gives me the munchies too! Since smoking pot is something to do when I'm bored, because it makes being bored fun,  I guess it's kinda a lose lose situation. sorry to hear about the return of your gyne tho. I'm def going to cut back pretty hard on both after surgery, not just in fear of gyne, but just because having a dependence on a chemical or substance of any kind, even if it is mental not physical, is not good in my opinion. Although saying so may make me a bit of a hypocrite, but hey i'm young and have boobs so I cut myself some slack =P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024