Author Topic: Are you concerned if anyone can notice your bra  (Read 3161 times)

Offline blad

Many of us, including myself, have conclude that wearing a bra daily is the simple and practical solution to managing our breast growth. Often repeated on this forum are comments that wearing a bra improves our comfort with the support, provides better overall shaping and profile, reduces the attention that unsupported breasts can attract, and even gives us inner confidence when presenting in public.

For me, wearing a bra became the point of acceptance. I no longer disliked my breasts when they were under control and just embraced the fact that I was going to wear a bra for the rest of my life like most women do. I continue to put on a bra in the morning with a sense of satisfaction and wear it all day every day with no negativity. A strange reversal of my severe embarrassment in my early years.

So I am fully accepting of my breasts and wearing a bra daily as a woman would, but I still do not want to share that fact freely with the rest of the world. In a perfect world, I could wear any T shirt of any color and not have any concern if my bra straps show through, as they do for many women. But instead I seek out button down shirts with patterns that work to effectively minimize any telltale evidence of a bra. At times the bra hardware may ever so slightly show through but if you are not looking for it then it would be highly unlikely that it would register with anyone.

Yet, if I am away from home with little chance of running into anyone I know, I am OK with getting use out of some of my shirts that are a little less stealth, shirts that don't scream "he has a bra on" but if pulled tight will display the bra straps some what. Why waste an otherwise good shirt I guess. Likewise, on a holiday to a warm climate I may allow myself to unbutton a shirt a bit more than at home, with some risk of the bra cups showing if I bend over etc.

What is your comfort zone? You may be fine with wearing a bra but not letting anyone know.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

There are many of us like blad.  We have accepted that we will need and wear support garments for our chests the rest of our lives but would prefer to not overtly signal to the world of our choice in undergarments. With my double D size, hiding for me is as difficult as it is for a woman my size,  so I do what a lot of women do who do not want to put their breasts on public display by wearing clothing that's not form fitting to the chest.  Yes,  there are two bumps (ok, mounds) showing but you don't see the full outline and shape of the breasts thereby camouflaging them in plain sight. I get much needed support and containment and I don't put on a show for everyone to see. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

As a woman, it's of course expected that I wear a bra. I am more than happy to meet those expectations 😊.

However, as a woman there is also a line that I walk. For work, less is definitely more. It's kind of ironic. The dress code requires that I wear a bra while at work, however they want no visible signs of any lingerie. The outline is fine but no straps and no cup edges.

On the other hand I can go out dancing in  a completely sheer top with my bra and go out dancing and make it abundantly clear that I am wearing a bra.
Edit:
I also wanted to add that when I was still presenting male, one of my concerns with wearing a bra was limiting its visibility. I told the fitter that I was worried about the "bumps " on my back. At the time, I was probably wearing a 38DDD. She said "it's not the little bumps on the back that people will notice. It's the bigger bumps on your front that people will see. " It wasn't the fact that I was wearing a bra. It was that I had breasts and I needed to wear a bra. 

Sophie ❤️
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:01:01 AM by aboywithgirls »

Orb

Blad, Your right.  Most of us feel it and make those judgment assessments every time we dress for the activity.  I do.  I wish I didn't have to but regardless of our own personal acceptance we just want to avoid conflict for ourselves and those we're with.  I will often wear a T and an open button down just to help conceal the bumps on the front.  Is it lack of acceptance?  I would say not.  I just want to carry on and I feel that just allows me to do it better.

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
At this particular time, I don’t care if anyone notices my straps or adjusters as I have very noticeable breasts.  When I started wearing a bra, I often wore shirts a size larger to help hide my breasts.

In the last year or so, I’ve began to question my gender identity.  With that is wearing more feminine cut shirts and tops, with helps because those are made to fit breasts.  So I find that that I’m not wearing oversized shirts anymore.

Offline SideSet

I used to be concerned, but my boobs too big now to make that a concern.  I clearly have breasts like a woman and need to wear a bra like a woman.  Now my concerns are similar to other women’s, am I nipping out, my bust nicely shaped and lifted, etc

Confused old man

Not concerned at all. See the outline,straps or down my shirt...don’t care if it’s seen. What concerns me the most is my high beams that are on all the time and the bounce and swaying. I think that look is really bad. When I go braless I see people just zoom in on my boobs. With a bra I have never seen that. I do get some looks but not that zoom in stare when going braless. I always wear a bra out in public now. And very rarely go braless at home. So seeing my bra is less frightening to me then going braless now. I’m not overweight so my boobs lead they way. Just something I have to deal with and live with now. No getting around it. So I accept it all 100% unconditionally now. There’s a lot worse things that can happen. So I will gladly take my boobs over some other condition. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I have to laugh....wow..I actually have boobs😂😂😂😂

Offline SideSet

Braless, with breasts jiggling and swaying and their shape obvious and nipples poking through our tops is a suggestive look. Wearing a bra, with everything nicely held in place, shaped and lifted is a much more polished, put together look. So, we are just like women in that for us wearing a bra is less provocative than going braless. We will draw less unwanted attention when we wear our bras  

Dudewithboobs

Agreed ^ my biggest concern wearing a bra was always going to the gym in a sports bra. I’ve gone running outdoors in them and the sweat marks are quite apparent in where sweat lines end up and don’t and of course the sticking to bra when wet. But after I moved in to a c cup and going past the windows and past the people in the gym my body shape is pretty in shape except my chest that has become a shape lol and seeing reflection in window and some others looking at my chest passing made me insecure. I decided I’d try it and wear a sports bra inside and see how it went and if negatively at worst I’d be noticed and just learn to adopt or go without and let people think they mistook what they saw. 
Surprisingly no one seems to notice and I feel so much better on the treadmill and elliptical without my breasts bouncing a bit. My shape is rounder with one on and when doing some lifting I’m sure the pressure put on the shirt is noticeable but I don’t see anyone looking or glancing trying to confirm what may be seen. I do envy the women who can just wear their sports bras though cause a shirt after a long workout is not fun getting out of lol 

Confused old man

I wear a sports bra for senior aerobics at the ymca. Everyone knows it. I wear my everyday bra Into the locker room and change into my sports bra. When done with my work out I shower and put my street close and everyday bra back on. I explain to people about this way. We all wear braces of some sort. Knee,ankle,back braces and so on. Some wear jock straps or tight compression underwear...both a brace. I wear a knee brace and a sports bra for working out. I tell people that my sports bra is my boob brace. Aha!..now they get it..lol..and they can clearly see that I need that boob brace. I’m not hiding the fact that I need that brace. So if someone sees my bra out in public....so be it

Kazmage

I used to be worried about it but over time I came to the conclusion that if anyone noticed they never said anything to me and even if they did I would say so and just keep walking 

Offline SideSet

Anybody who notices we are wearing a bra would have noticed we had breasts and were going braless 

Orb

Anybody who notices we are wearing a bra would have noticed we had breasts and were going braless
That is true.  Spotted anyway you look at it.

That said I still try and be discreet.  Avoiding those awkward moments. 

Dudewithboobs

Same as obvious as it may be eithe way the stigma is still there overall I’ve come to accept them and be proud of them and when you can change the fear and insecurity to pride and ignore the insecurity you find it’s quite powerful to find that like breasts in a bra your attitude becomes quite lifted and supported 

Offline Denny

• Posting Member
When I get dressed Saturday morning to go for my run I put on an athletic supporter, then compression shorts, then a sports bra; next, a waist trimmer for lower back support, then my soxs, then my jogging pants. Then I think of a shirt to cover and conceal my bra. Lately, it's been a little cooler, in the 50's early in the morning just before sunup. So I know I am going to wear a wind breaker. So I put on a white t-shirt, breathable and cool (I am going to keep my coat on). After the first mile or so, the sun starts beating down and the run making me feel 15 degrees warmer. So, I take off my wind breaker and wrap the sleeves around my waist. I don't see many people, no cars really; running out in the country at 6 am. However, after 8 miles and over an hour later, cars are going by. At this point I don't really care anymore. I am exhausted and I still plan on running another 2 to 3 miles yet. When I get done and get my breath back I look down and realize if anyone looked at me they would have seen my bra and my waist trimmer. That happened the first Saturday I ran in a bra. The next Saturday I ran in a colored t-shirt because it was warmer. I ran 2 miles less. Last Saturday morning it was cool again. I wore the same as white t-shirt and windbreaker and ran the 2 extra miles plus another half mile. 10.5 miles. I'm just saying that if you're so tired that you just don't care or realize it, it really isn't a factor. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024