Author Topic: Different types of bra  (Read 3377 times)

Offline blad

Absolutely. A bra not only makes me feel better about my chest but makes me less aware that they are there.
I am far more aware of my breasts if braless for some reason.

I usually forget I am even wearing a bra most of the time.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
When I first began wearing a bra, I ordered several different bras.  All were wireless and non-padded.  I chose one because it was comfortable and my breasts filled the cups.  I also liked the 2 hook back.  I bought two more of the same bra in different colors and have been wearing them since.  After my recent growth, the bra seems to sag in the front.  It could be that it's getting old or the back needs to be tightened, although it seems firm around my chest.  Since I still had the bra that I liked but didn't fill the cups and had 3 hook back.  I tried that on this morning and it is perfect.  Thank goodness it is winter here, so I don't have to worry about exposure.  February, in Mazatlan, will be an issue.

Offline Johndoe1

The more hooks the more support you will get and larger breasts need more hooks. Three hook bras do give me more support and comfort. But at my size, 2 hook bras are a rarity. The larger the breasts and heavier the breasts, more structure is needed for support and containment. That's why seamed bras and underwire bras work so well. There is a structure to lift and contain movement. Bras are really nothing but external scaffolding that molds around the breasts for support of the breasts.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

The number of hooks usually increases as the cup size increases. In high school I was a C cup when I started wearing a bra full time. My bras all had 2 rows of hooks. When I graduated high school, I was a D cup. That's when I started to move into 3 rows of hooks. I remember my sister coming up behind me and rubbing my back and saying " Oooo! You're wearing a big girl bra!". I was still very much male or at least I thought I was 🤯. I remember feeling embarrassed. Looking back, I probably should have taken off my top and said, "wanna compare?" LOL. As I'm writing this, it reminds me of it took me time (years) to become truly comfortable with having breasts and wearing a bra. 

Anyway, I am fairly well endowed as most of you know. Most of my bras have 3 or 4 rows of hooks. However, I do have some bras by Fantastie that have 2 rows. I like them because to me, they look a little more dainty and sexy 😉.  But that's just me. The best bras are supportive and comfortable. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline gotgyne

With my Triumph Doreen bras I went from 40B (2 hooks) to 40C (3 hooks). I prefer 3 hooks since they are much more comfortable.
John 
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I have found that when you get into bigger band sizes like me, 44 I dont think I have found any with 2hooks, not that it makes difference . I wear preety much 2x sports bras that have hooks and love them . I do have a leisure bra in 2x thats 5 hook but as long as it fits and is comfortabl e, dont care about the number of hooks

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I have a very comfy 38B underwire bra with three hooks. Very soft and supportive. Don’t even know it’s on most of the time....jockey brand.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I have a couple 34B underwire bras that are too small when they are washed but much too loose once they’ve relaxed.

Then I have a couple 34B underwire bras that most of you would say are too small but I think are perfect. I would call them heavy duty because they pull all the side boob to the front and eliminate all movement. I just noticed these have 3 hooks and the others do not.

These don’t minimize anything but I only wear bras at home anyway. While I don’t want to wear them full time, it’s been a relief to put on a heavy duty one when I get home lately.

Offline blad

I have a couple 34B underwire bras that are too small when they are washed but much too loose once they’ve relaxed.

Then I have a couple 34B underwire bras that most of you would say are too small but I think are perfect. I would call them heavy duty because they pull all the side boob to the front and eliminate all movement. I just noticed these have 3 hooks and the others do not.

These don’t minimize anything but I only wear bras at home anyway. While I don’t want to wear them full time, it’s been a relief to put on a heavy duty one when I get home lately.
The hard part is not wearing a bra....it is finding the right ones and fit.

Normal boobs

Going out without bra is like going out without shoes. Very uncomfortable. 

Offline taxmapper

Going out without bra is like going out without shoes. Very uncomfortable.
Ill second that. 

Dudewithboobs

Raise a glass to that lol. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
To all men who wear bras for comfort.

Offline Busty

We need to wear a bra as much as a woman does. More than some 😉

Gino

The more hooks the more support you will get and larger breasts need more hooks. Three hook bras do give me more support and comfort. But at my size, 2 hook bras are a rarity. The larger the breasts and heavier the breasts, more structure is needed for support and containment. That's why seamed bras and underwire bras work so well. There is a structure to lift and contain movement. Bras are really nothing but external scaffolding that molds around the breasts for support of the breasts.
The number of hooks on a bra is a curious subject. I'm currently a 36B and bra manufacturers make my size with 1,2 and 3 hooks. Clearly 1 or 2 do the job but I think the garment will last / wear better with two hooks. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024