Author Topic: Free is better?  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Most surgeons give free consultations. Some you have to pay from 50 to 100 dollars a visit. Which doctor would be more skilled because I have 2 surgeons in mind but confused because it seems to me that the one who gives free consultations is really good at performing gyne surgery but the other just wants money so he doesn't really have any experiences. I hope I make sense. Any one that has had surgery have any advice about their doctors and their consultation fees? Thanks.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Look at the qualifications and experience of the surgeon.

Yes, of course, cost is an issue; but should not be the main criteria by which you select your surgeon.

Fifty to a hundred dollars for a consultation with a really good surgeon is not overly high. Some will actually apply that amount to the cost of surgery which essentially makes the original consultation free.

There are no hard rules here, each surgeon is free to set their own rates.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yeah, everybody's different, you can't judge skill from cost structure, it affects the overall cost package, but they're different things. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
That's the problem though, the one that gives free consultation showed me some pictures at the consultation, and the one that I have to pay has pictures online. They're both board certified, but the one that gives free consultation was on the Washington surgeons commity and goes to foreign countries to give free hand surgeries to children. But the other surgeon that we do have to pay has multiple locations in the state where he works and he looks like he might be a "professional". Cost to me is not an issue, I mean yeah of course it is, but me and my dad can always raise the money, it's just that the price each doctor gives that makes me a little nervous. I fell like I should go to who ever is more expensive. Anyone have that feeling before?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do your homework my man... choose the surgeon that has the best credentials and who you have a good report with. Also, first-hand recommendations is always a good thing...

More 'expensive' does not always mean 'better' dude. A GP could take a 'week-end' course in Plastic Surgery, set up shop and charge an arm-and-a-leg. Does the fact that he/she has expensive fees make him/her 'better'? Of course not!

Do not choose a PS solely on fee structure alone. Sure, you have to take cost into consideration, but don't get your shorts in a bind over it dude.

Research the surgeons, make sure they perform Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery frequently (150 per year is a good start), make sure they are Board Certified and... IMO, make sure that you are comfortable with them. If you don't get good vibes from the doc, move on...

Just my .02! ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Well cost of the surgery is not a problem, it's just that both are very good from what I see. Thanks GB. Anyone from washington know any other surgeons that have done the surgery on you and would recommend them? If not I might just make Haeck my main choice if Pratt doesn't work out.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
GP? Who you talking to? Me?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

do you use the term GP in canada?

GP = General Practitioner (Family Doctor)

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

do you use the term GP in canada?

To answer your question, yes, we use the term GP in The Great White North.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024