Author Topic: Question for Dr. Bermant  (Read 2079 times)

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
I had my surgery 1 week ago. 3 days after, when i first saw my results they were awsome everything looked perfect and couldnt be better. but now its 1 week post op and the nipples seem to be a bit more puffy than they looked 3 days post op. when i lightly touch the nipple or rub it i can tell it is a bit sore, so maybe its just swollen? is this normal? temporary?

DrBermant

I had my surgery 1 week ago. 3 days after, when i first saw my results they were awsome everything looked perfect and couldnt be better. but now its 1 week post op and the nipples seem to be a bit more puffy than they looked 3 days post op. when i lightly touch the nipple or rub it i can tell it is a bit sore, so maybe its just swollen? is this normal? temporary?

1 week is very early after surgery  Posting standardized photographs can help others understand your concerns.

Swellling after surgery can obscure details of what was done.  For some the max swelling is right after the operation.  As that goes down, details of the surgery can show.  For others, they fail to protect healing tissues and new swelling can be an issue.  After surgery there are many possible reasons for still having a contour problem.  Options depend on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, weight, gland stimulation, how you heal, and other factors.  Sometimes secondary surgery can help.

Self diagnosis can be dangerous.  The best way to explore such issues is with your doctor or someone who you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
its not puffy enough to get a revision, it still looks fine, its just that i thought it looked better 3 days post op than it does now. i wonder what the slight change is.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i thought it looked better 3 days post op than it does now.

As with any gyne surgery, you should give it a good 2-3 months before passing judement on surgery results.

From what I have read on this Site and from personal experience, it usually gets 'worse' before it gets 'better'.

Be patient Dude!  ;)

John.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:41:23 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
in some cases even longer than that.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024