Author Topic: Question for Dr. Bermant  (Read 3950 times)

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I was taking Celexa and Clonazepam as well as minocycline 200mg/daily for acne.  I developed some pain under my left nipple that seemed to dissapte when I reduced the clonazepam dose.  It then returned about a week later so I stopped the Celexa and Clonazepam completely.  It has now been 3 weeks since stopping those meds and last week (1 week ago) I switched from Minocycline to Doxycycline 200mg/day.

Now all I am taking it doxycycline 200mg per day and still have this terrible burning, stabbing pain in the left nipple.  I also noticed that when I squeezed it some clear fluid came out!  I do not feel a lump per se but am very concerned.  My doctor tested my prolactin level and said it was normal.  He also scheduled me for an ultrasound this monday.

Do you think that this is a result from the Celexa/Clonazepam that I was on for approx 2 months?  Can minocycline cause gynecomastia?  I heard that it can although it is very rare, which is why I switched to doxycycline.  Can doxycycline cause gynecomastia at all?

What do you suggest I do to stop this and prevent permanent lumps that may require surgery.  Should I ask my doctor about takeing a low dose of tamoxifen?

thanks so much!

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member
Hi Dr. Bermant,

I was taking Celexa and Clonazepam as well as minocycline 200mg/daily for acne.  I developed some pain under my left nipple that seemed to dissapte when I reduced the clonazepam dose.  It then returned about a week later so I stopped the Celexa and Clonazepam completely.  It has now been 3 weeks since stopping those meds and last week (1 week ago) I switched from Minocycline to Doxycycline 200mg/day.

Now all I am taking it doxycycline 200mg per day and still have this terrible burning, stabbing pain in the left nipple.  I also noticed that when I squeezed it some clear fluid came out!  I do not feel a lump per se but am very concerned.  My doctor tested my prolactin level and said it was normal.  He also scheduled me for an ultrasound this monday.

Do you think that this is a result from the Celexa/Clonazepam that I was on for approx 2 months?  Can minocycline cause gynecomastia?  I heard that it can although it is very rare, which is why I switched to doxycycline.  Can doxycycline cause gynecomastia at all?

What do you suggest I do to stop this and prevent permanent lumps that may require surgery.  Should I ask my doctor about takeing a low dose of tamoxifen?

thanks so much!

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
You need to ask an Endocrinologist and not a PS.

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member
He is an experienced doctor in the condition of gynecomastia so I thought he would have some knowledge on medications that can cause...

I was taking the medication for depression and am still taking the doxycycline for acne.

Offline TORONTOMAN

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024