Author Topic: Gynecomastia rating/grading system  (Read 3104 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

The "growth" is a result of the stored estrogen in the fat cells being released back into the blood stream when a large amount of weight is lost. That growth could be either additional glandular tissue development caused by the release of the stored estrogen or it could be the estrogen storing fat in the breasts as it does with women. I have had both through the years. I also have gained and lost 100 lbs 4 times in my life. That releases a lot of stored estrogen time and time again.
This is interesting ... I’ve not seen this theory before.  Can you point to any studies/research where this has been verified?

If true, it actually might explain my own case of gyno.  I first noticed my gyno a bit less than two years ago, right after dropping my weight from 225 lbs to around 175 lbs over a period of about six months. I’d be interested in reading up on any other literature that discusses the connection between weight loss and increased estrogen levels.
Looks like there is some truth to it.  https://www.livestrong.com/article/380208-is-estrogen-released-when-belly-fat-is-lost/   Can't find anything related to this happening to men.  But I would think any such release would be a small burst, whereas a more constant stream of estrogen is typically needed to cause breast growth.  Since fat itself does produce estrogen, I still think it's more likely that the breasts develop while were fat, but just notice the breast tissue when we lose the weight.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have a rash the is bugging me so I called my Dermatologist who couldn't see me till next month at the same time I had another doctor's appoinment, so I called my primary care doctor with the same result.  His staff told me to go to Panent First and the doctor their gave me some steriods. I was wearing a bra at the time so I pulled it up to show I wasn't facking it and he said he has seen alot more of it lately but in obese men.  But he was surprised to see ii in a skinny man and he knew what gyne comastia was.  But still he had had no real comments on them, just that I truely had them.

If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The condition is so common that unless you bring it up the doctor will not often mention it. It is not usually a result of any disease process and except for surgery there is no treatment. 

As for the various hormone levels in the blood, most doctors are not able to interpret those. The only general exception being doctors who have specialized in Endocrinology.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024