Author Topic: River Medical vs Karidis  (Read 1627 times)

Offline doimakethisaboobreference

Has anyone here had any experience with River Medical in N.I. or the R.O.I.?

I originally was looking at Dr. Karidis for surgery, but as I will be needing to borrow money off my father for the surgery, I'm taking his input as well. He thought it would end up being much more expensive than getting it done locally, and suggested River Medical instead. I looked on their website, but they don't seem to have any before/after pictures and don't have a wealth of information it. I know it's quite a simple surgery, but I'm hesitant to jump in with a place without a lot of evidence as to their previous surgeries, as I'm quite worried about scar tissue. I don't know how much this really comes down to the surgeon though, maybe I'm overestimating their importance.

Although, I know the standard price for Dr. Karidis is around £4/5000, and really I think it would be the same at River Medical, that seems to be a general price. That said, I know there would be extra costs involved with having it one abroad, and I know this would bring up other problems.

So just asking really, if anyone has dealt with River Medical and can offer any review? Also your thoughts on whether it's worth travelling to someone who is seen as the top surgeon, or better to have it done without boarding a plane and that additional stress.

Thanks!

Offline yojay121

Hi I don't know if you're still looking at this or not but I'll give you my view anyway.. I had my fairly bad gyno done with Karidis 4 years ago now. At the time there weren't that many reviews for him and the guy I actually wanted to get had just retired (can't remember his name). Anyway.. I did see a few reviews and before and afters and decided to go with him I'm extremely pleased with the result. I don't know anything about rivers but what I will say is this isn't an 'easy procedure' so choosing something that will affect you for the rest of your life over £500 to get a hotel in london for 2/3 days in the grand scheme of things shouldn't influence your decision. Bottom line I know Karidis did a fantastic job for me I don't know the other people and from what you've said there's no evidence they are especially good so go with Karidis!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024