Author Topic: Is it worth buying a compression vest?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
I intend to buy one for use post-op, but is it worth buying one to wear under clothing for the next few months? Does it make a significant difference. Also I presume as my boobs will be gone I will need a different size vest post-op?

Where is the best place to buy from and how the hell do I know what type / size to buy!

thanks fellas.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
A friend of mine has gyne, and i have openly talked to him about it, since i realised we were going through the same crap. His is alot bigger than mine. He used a vest for awhile but has since switched to the new nike compression tops. He is a big guy but just buys them in a small and says they work wonders. Might be worth a try, as they are more comfortable and only £20 each. Their the ones Gavin Henson has advertised. Soccerworld or sports soccer whatever its going by these days carry them.

Post surgery though i would recommend getting the vest.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:38:06 AM by stonecold »

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
I wore my vest pre-op just to get used to it, and it flattened me out completely, almost to the point that I started re-considering surgery!

A word of warning though, the vest I had, while the correct size for my chest, tended to rise above my lower stomach. While I haven't an out and out beer-gut, wearing the vest tended to push my stomach fat downward and I stayed that shape for a few months post-op.

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
I wore my vest pre-op just to get used to it, and it flattened me out completely, almost to the point that I started re-considering surgery!

A word of warning though, the vest I had, while the correct size for my chest, tended to rise above my lower stomach. While I haven't an out and out beer-gut, wearing the vest tended to push my stomach fat downward and I stayed that shape for a few months post-op.

Where did you get it from? And what size did you buy? I'm looking at Underworks and considering buying a LARGE. I wear XL stuff from the UK, but US tends to be a bit bigger, and the XL is usually just to hide my gyne! I do have a bit of a gut too, so hope they don't make me look daft!

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
I found the "spare tyre inflation" a problem with the vests too. They sure flatten out the top half - but you know that shirt pull thing you do (you know you do!) to stop tops from clinging to your chest? With the vest on you forget that, and instead start worrying about the vest riding up, so you develop a vest pull reflex instead! ;)

Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024