Author Topic: bra vs vest  (Read 16330 times)

Offline joe9840

I'm new here. Just wanted to know if you all perfered a bra or vest and why

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It depends upon how much tissue a person has and what sort of activities are involved.

I  tried a vest but found it uncomfortably tight so I quickly abandoned it. I could find a fitting bra but only wore it for hiking and mountaineering when the problem was bounce and the straps on a backpack. Age has gotten the better of me and I no longer engage in mountaineering so I no longer use either.

The bras offer support but not concealment, In fact they often make the problem even more obvious. The vest is better at concealment but not very comfortable.

An athletic bra is a compromise between the two.

Either way, this is a problem you pretty much need to settle for yourself.

If you do have enough tissue to fill a bra, the garment will be less obvious if it closes in front, has wide straps, and the color matches your skin color. Adjustable straps, clasps and hooks in the back or contrasting colors all make the garment more obvious.
Grandpa Dan

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi like Dan said its preference , I like a sports bra and have both cupped and non cupped versions I have enough breast to fill a modest B cup.

hammer

As a double D it is bra for me! I really have no choice about it if I want to be comfortable! The fact is I can't hide them, they bounce and sway like a swing so sometimes I just don't care and go without, but most of the time now I bag them up! I use front close minimizer bras most of the time.

Bob

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I prefer a seamless underwire bra.  I'm a 38B and more comfortable with the support the bra provides.  Initially when I first wore a bra I was very conscious that I was wearing one. Now I'm completely oblivious to the fact except when not wearing a bra and I feel my breasts moving under my shirt.

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Like Bob I am a double D and use a bra for comfort and support because these are essential as well as being heavy.I have no choice. Del
Del

Offline gotgyne

My gynecomastia started nearly 10 years ago about the age of 45. At first I did nothing, but the breast didn't stop growing. I have never worn a vest but started to wear bras some years ago. Meanwhile I have 40B or 38C depending on the bras I wear. Since I have to take spironolactone for two years now because of hypertension it is probable that the breastgrowth is going on. I feel much more comfortable with a bra than without.

John  
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

hammer

I was talking this morning to Debbie about how all my bras have been becoming uncomfortable about mid-day on my right side! It is just on that side, feels tight and pinching! We both think I may have gotten a bit bigger even though my weight has come down.

It may be time to bit the bit and go for that fitting my doc told me to do!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
And at a 48+ D or DD depending upon weight and edema, I don't wear either.  I wear what I want, or nothing at all when appropriate.  I don't even own a bra or vest.  Do what you feel works best for you and fits your needs and preferences.  I'm not hiding and I have no discomfort from breast size.  I don't run anymore but I walk a lot.  Most don't appear to notice a thing no matter what I'm wearing but I do notice some double takes.  I don't let anybody else determine how I'm supposed to feel about having breasts.  I will not abide a bully.  Good luck.  Have fun.

hammer

And at a 48+ D or DD depending upon weight and edema, I don't wear either.  I wear what I want, or nothing at all when appropriate.  I don't even own a bra or vest.  Do what you feel works best for you and fits your needs and preferences.  I'm not hiding and I have no discomfort from breast size.  I don't run anymore but I walk a lot.  Most don't appear to notice a thing no matter what I'm wearing but I do notice some double takes.  I don't let anybody else determine how I'm supposed to feel about having breasts.  I will not abide a bully.  Good luck.  Have fun.

I go without myself, but I do have a bad neck from a motorcycle accident, (C4,5,&6 both on the right and left are bad) and I do find that the bra does help take the weight of the neck and shoulders making them feel better! However, when I feel pinched from it it becomes a trade off, so I start wearing it part of the day or
changing from one type to another!  This is the reason my VA doctor said she would use to see if she could talk the VA into making an exception in doing cosmetic surgery and removing my breast for me, after she recommend that I do wear bras.  I said it wasn't needed, I have other surgeries that were more important to deal with! She agreed.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
I like the Bra im a 46 A/B wear one most of the time especially during that time of the month [Andropause ]my hormones are all fubared. and to sleep I like a yoga top they are soft and give ok support .my kids and I joke about who has the pretiest undies.so to each his own to wear or not to wear that is the question , the answer is yours.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

I go without myself, but I do have a bad neck from a motorcycle accident, (C4,5,&6 both on the right and left are bad) and I do find that the bra does help take the weight of the neck and shoulders making them feel better! However, when I feel pinched from it it becomes a trade off, so I start wearing it part of the day or
changing from one type to another!  This is the reason my VA doctor said she would use to see if she could talk the VA into making an exception in doing cosmetic surgery and removing my breast for me, after she recommend that I do wear bras.  I said it wasn't needed, I have other surgeries that were more important to deal with! She agreed.

Can you give me more info on how it helps your neck.  My partner has an even more messed up neck than I do.  She can't seen to find anything, bra or sort bra or anything that helps her neck. She has larger breasts than I do and a much smaller chest and shoulders and a 2 level fusion in her neck.  Anything that helps is good to know. My neck is the best it's been in decades.

hammer

The "just my size" minimizer bra with the wide shoulder straps work well for me. I've been thinking of trying one of those racer back type bras as I've heard they are good for taking stress of the neck but haven't got any yet. The key thing is the breast need to held tight to the chest and not just supported at the shoulders, but the bra not to tight to be uncomfortable.

Another thing I have to do is, I must always use a pillow that will allow my to curl it up under my neck or I'll be in terrible pain all day.

Offline qwertyis

• Posting Member
In our climate a vest is too warm for ten months of the year, so it's a bra. I have some ladies vests with the built in boob tube that work very well when its cold.
The best thing was the invention of rash vests for swimming and I wear a tight rash vest while swimming.
V-necked pullover sports bra for Spring, Summer, Autumn and some of the winter. A vest on the few colder days.

hammer

In our climate a vest is too warm for ten months of the year, so it's a bra. I have some ladies vests with the built in boob tube that work very well when its cold.
The best thing was the invention of rash vests for swimming and I wear a tight rash vest while swimming.
V-necked pullover sports bra for Spring, Summer, Autumn and some of the winter. A vest on the few colder days.

I have a rash shirt for swimming and it isn't bad, but you need to still pull it away from your body or you still look like your in a wet t-shirt contest! They are made heavier and resistant to chlorine but they really don't hid that much, unless it's just that I'm a big DD plus and there is no hiding them at all, rash shirt, wet suit, or what ever, except a bullet proof vest, that works good, but you can't swim in that!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024