Author Topic: Consultation with Dr.Fielding!  (Read 4795 times)

Offline future

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I flew into Toronto and met with Dr. Fielding!  He explained to me all the details of the procedure.  I'm finally set to have surgery next month!  I've suffered for over 10 years now, and it's time to have this done at last!  Apparently I have a moderate case of gyne...not severe, but not minor either.  The cost of the surgery came to about CAD 3300 after tax.  I'm really excited to have this done, and to gain control of my social life/confidence again.  I will update you all soon! :)

Offline unhappy123

• Posting Member
Wow that's a great price. I went to a consult with another Toronto plastic surgeon and my quote was $7,600 just for lipo!  :o

Offline future

• Posting Member
Wow that's a great price. I went to a consult with another Toronto plastic surgeon and my quote was $7,600 just for lipo!  :o

Hey unhappy123,

Sorry for the late reply.  I think it costs less with Dr. Fielding because he does his work in the hospital.  From what I've read on the forum, $3300 sounds about right for Dr. Fielding.  Anyways, I'm actually set for surgery next week!  Twelve years of suffering comes down to these last few days!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I will update you guys soon.  How did your consultation go? Have you booked a surgery date?

future

Offline future

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

Surgery has been completed at last!!  I've now flown out of Toronto back home, and I'm recovering well.  Anyways, just a bit about my experience.  I went to St. Joseph's Health Clinic very early in the morning and was registered for my surgery.  After talking to a few nurses and completing some paperwork, I met up with Dr. Fielding in the OR.  He drew up a few lines on my chest and before you know it, I was laying on my back on the operating table.  A bit intimidating, but it wasn't long before I was knocked out by the anesthetics.  Next thing you know, I wake up and I'm being rolled into the recovery room where I had my vitals constantly checked by nurses and I got a freezie to suck on, yay!  I had 2 large pieces of tissue removed, as well as 450cc of surrounding fat.  The pain was mild for the first 2 days or so, but painkillers took care of that.  After a checkup 2 days post-op, I flew home.  Everything seems to be going well and I can't wait until 7 days post-op so I can shower.  I can't take off the vest until then so I have no idea how it looks.

Anyways, I'm happy that 12 years of suffering has come to this day and I can't wait to hit the gym again in a few weeks.  Good luck to everyone, and I'll update you guys soon (hopefully with some pics)!

Offline KingGeorge

You said you flew into Toronto...where are you from? I'm personally from Montreal and I'm wondering if I'd pay around $3,300 like you did.

Offline future

• Posting Member
You said you flew into Toronto...where are you from? I'm personally from Montreal and I'm wondering if I'd pay around $3,300 like you did.

I live in Vancouver, so I flew about 5 hours to Toronto.  I think it would be around the same price.  Actually, I believe Dr. Fielding looks at how severe your case is and charges you according to how much work needs to be done.  Book a consultation and get it done!  I'm about 2 weeks post-op now and I can see a huge difference! :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

The last I heard, residents of Quebec do not qualify for provincial health care assistance. However, this may have changed in recent years... Call Doc Fielding's office to verify...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024