Author Topic: Chances of Concave after Surgery  (Read 2629 times)

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I have my consultation with Dr. Karidis this friday coming, I'm really looking forward to getting things underway!

I have been reading this board for a while now and have heard quite a few people complain of a concave on their chest after surgery (which it seems on most occasions evens itself out through time!)

But what my Q is...........will the presence of muscle under the fat on your chest reduce the risk of concave?

My logic being that once the fat is removed the muscle tissue will be left leaving a more defined chest?! I know that sounds like a simplistic view but am I thinking along the correct lines?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

DrBermant

Hey guys,

I have my consultation with Dr. Karidis this friday coming, I'm really looking forward to getting things underway!

I have been reading this board for a while now and have heard quite a few people complain of a concave on their chest after surgery (which it seems on most occasions evens itself out through time!)

But what my Q is...........will the presence of muscle under the fat on your chest reduce the risk of concave?

My logic being that once the fat is removed the muscle tissue will be left leaving a more defined chest?! I know that sounds like a simplistic view but am I thinking along the correct lines?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Crater Deformity Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery is typically related to the tissues between the skin and muscle.  The shape of the muscle has very little to do with this problem.  Temporary scar adhesion resolves over time, deformities of missing gland or fat contour problems does not resolve.  The best way to minimize this risk is by surgeon selection and following after surgery instructions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

DrBermant

Yes just like the surface of the moon, crater deformities do come in different sizes. 

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024