Author Topic: Tank tops  (Read 1722 times)

MyLife

Does anyone else wear a bra with a tank top to smooth the lines under a tee shirt while still presenting as male? Or if you aren't presenting as male? What are your reasons or benefits to wearing or not wearing a tanktop? I enjoy wearing one under my shirts especially in the fall and winter. They add a layer of warmth and help to smooth out my bust. I'm not looking to shrink nor accentuate my cleavage, but to smooth everything out and a tanktop under my tee shirt helps immensely with that

BodyPos34B

I don’t wear one. I have tank tops for when I’m just around the house in it alone for a top but under clothes I’ve always hated it. Just too restricting. I’m pretty active in my day to day and it just always felt like somethings hugging me in every motion. I prefer just bra under my regular shirts 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Does anyone else wear a bra with a tank top to smooth the lines under a tee shirt while still presenting as male? Or if you aren't presenting as male? What are your reasons or benefits to wearing or not wearing a tanktop? I enjoy wearing one under my shirts especially in the fall and winter. They add a layer of warmth and help to smooth out my bust. I'm not looking to shrink nor accentuate my cleavage, but to smooth everything out and a tanktop under my tee shirt helps immensely with that
I think I wear tanks for a much different reason. 🤭

I wear women's tanks primarily because of the tapered cut and my hips, they then cover the neckline just enough to conceal my bra somewhat. I usually wear a push-up underneath them. 

If I happen to wear a blouse over them it's either unbuttoned or not buttoned all the way to let my chest out. 

At 60, my greatest asset is my chest, and I make it visible. 💃🤗
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Johndoe1

I wear a layering tank all the time. I have found that women's tanks are made for layering and do not have the bulk of men's and is more form fitting making them harder to detect under tops. The tank smooths out the bumps and hardware of a bra and helps smooths out the outline of my bust so it's not as noticeable. The form-fitting of the tank really knocks down the feminine look of my chest and adds a layer of warmth in the winter and cooling layer in the summer. A man's tank just adds bulk and heat in the summer. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member
I have always worn a tank under my tops. I will remove my top when I am working in my shop (only my wife and I are there) for comfort. I'm hot at room temperature so I work in my tanks alot. But I also love to look down and enjoy my breasts as I work, it calms me down.
Charli 

Offline Gino

• Posting Member
I always wear a tank under my outer button down shirts, whether I wear a bra or not depends on whether I'm with family and friends or not. With family and friends not! 

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I love my shapermint tanks and camis. Im actually in FL now, sipping my coffee wearing my just my bra and panties with a cami un the sun. I was teasing my wife by being dressed like this on our deck. I also know her well enough that she is getting ready to make me a happy woman before noon. ♥️😘🤯

♥️ you all and happy new year 🎉 
♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

I love my tanks, but it's too cold here for that! 🥶

Come summer time I'll be wearing my tanks and Camis almost everyday. 💞

Happy new year to everyone, and be careful out there tonight. 💞🥳💞
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 12:09:23 PM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I wear tanks everyday. I love them. In the winter I wear crew neck tanks. Great for layering.
Tanks and camisoles in the summer months are fun😃

Offline Mature

• Posting Member
I don't get this. I've never been femme but maybe I'm just too male for this to work. Female tanks don't work on me, the armholes are not deep enough. I know a little about pattern making and the way to mark out a female armscye is different to a male. You have to add depth for a male pattern.

I've tried camis and tanks and the armholes for me are never really comfortable. I wish they were as I really like the spaghetti straps and low cut fronts not available in men's styles, but I have to face reality.

Panties are much the same. I love the light weight and fabric varieties but the ease is in all the wrong places. To get a comfortable front I end up with an oversize seat. Don't let me start on g-strings. :'(

Offline Justagirl💃

Yes, women's attire is cut a bit different than men's. I find with my body type it's the only thing that fits without making my own clothes. 

I remember a friend of mine years ago used to squeeze himself into women's tanks and T's because he liked the styling better, but he didn't have the body for it. His clothes looked 'out-of-place' on him. 

You did say you know a bit about patterns, so I assume you sew?
You could always do like I used to and make clothes off my measurements. 

Offline Mature

• Posting Member
Yes. I found a book once on making mens clothes and how it is different to dressmaking. I've made a few items over the years from sports jackets to shirts. If I ever get to the stage of really needing to wear a comfortable bra I think I'll be trying to make my own bralettes. I've looked into lingerie patterns but haven't taken it further yet.

Offline Justagirl💃

Yes. I found a book once on making mens clothes and how it is different to dressmaking. I've made a few items over the years from sports jackets to shirts. If I ever get to the stage of really needing to wear a comfortable bra I think I'll be trying to make my own bralettes. I've looked into lingerie patterns but haven't taken it further yet.
I was in a bit of a difference situation. When I was still in boy-mode I couldn't find clothes that fit my measurements off the men's rack. I went back to my sewing experience (helping grandma make wedding dresses) and started making all my own clothes. 
My measurements are quite feminine, and have always been that way. 

Now in girl-mode I just buy off the women's rack. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Women’s tanks and camisoles fit me just fine. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
I prefer tank tops in warm / hot weather.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024