Author Topic: anyone been to london bridge?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
hi guys,

just had a few questions. i know karidis is the best at gyne surgery, but he is charging a lot more than what i can afford. £4100 isnt cheap for a poor guy like me! has anyone ever been to the breast care team in london bridge? i heard someone say on here that doctor hisham hamed charges a lot less? anyone had a meeting or has any info on dr hamed or anyone else in the london bridge team (newman, fentiman, roberts)?

http://www.londonbridgehospital.com/LBH/consultant-services-rel/breast-care-surgery/

what the consultation is like, any fees?

surgery cost

if they have experience in gyne (removing gland) etc

any help will be greatly appreciated as im so nervous to even give them a call!

many many thanks!

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I don't think these guys are set up for cosmetic surgery, more for disease and other problems. Also they're not qualified to do lipo.

Better off saving up and going to Karidis or someone.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
thanks mate. just wondering if Dr. Karidis is negotiable on price? example, i dont have much fat on my chest, just gland. and perhaps if i paid the full money upfront as i heard some guys pay in istallments?

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Very much doubt it, I went yesterday for a consultation with Dr K and prices are fixed (£4185), he said in more than 90% of cases the operation to reduce is a combo of gland and fat.

Really with this sort of operation I know times are tough but its better not to try and cut corners to save money.

I did originally think to go with Benito in Barcelona but when the pound/Euro rate went breasts up(!) there wasn't much in it, so I went to visit Dr K who was very professional, and happy to answer all questions and ended up putting my deposit down for an operation in April (March is fully booked!).

It might be worth you going to see Karidis and paying your £75 (which goes to a hospital charity I believe) and asking him what your options are...what the guy doesnt know about man boobs isnt worth knowing,  and there is no pressure to go ahead with the op'.

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
thanks again as400 for that. wow, karidis is shooting his prices up isnt he? total cost including consultation will be around 4300! daylight robbery! how much deposit did u put down and whats the payment method? did he ask for anything from you like your doctors file or anything else i may need to bring along?

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I put down £1000 deposit, paid the £75 to the hospice, and finally £125 for the blood test (which was very quick and painless though I understand my GP could have done it for free, so you can save money there.)

I think you have to understand that though its quite a high price to pay you will have one of Europe's most expert surgeons working on you, this isn't some NHS Charlie with a butchers knife, Karidis must have carried out 1000 of these operations and knows his beans and once you have had it done thats it! When he looks at you and says "I can make you flat" you know its going to be a life changing event.

There is a form that the hospital reception give you asking for details such as name/address/GP details....but I don't have a GP and they weren't concerned that they didn't have any details from me concerning that. You don't need to bring anything with you.

The hospital  is just 2 minutes walk from St Johns wood underground.

Depending how far you are from London its worth paying the £75 and going along for a chat armed with a list of questions. Dr K can show you lots of photos of patients he has worked on and its good to get some expert knowledge.

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
oooooh, £125 for a blood test. well, the more i think about, u do make a lot of sense with this and the whole situation. no point going to guy who dosent have a clue about this area. is the blood test nessesary? what do you advise, shall i book an appointent with my gp and have a blood test and bring in the results? and one last question (sorry! i do go on a bit!) when is the rest of the money due? did you pay cash or cheque?

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
The blood test is necessary but you don't need it for the consultation. Dr K needs the results of the blood test a couple of weeks before the op.

The £1000 deposit confirms your booking. The final amount is due (1400'ish to hospital, 1600'ish to K) 15 days before your operation. You can pay with cash, credit card or cheque I assume.

Sounds alot of dosh but in the context of you being able to live THE REST OF YOUR LIFE without gyne - it's a flippin' bargain!  :D

Good luck

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Enuff is correct,he does take card, cash, cheque.

I also need an ECG £89, xray £99, Blood £125, and if you take trips south, hotels, consultation, follow up I'd reckon it will be kicking close to £5k. I agree with enuff on the benefits take the cost over your life and work out the cost per year or month on your life expectancy.

Pick up that phone and book a consultation, it will be worth it (I hope) I'll find out on Thursday
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024