Author Topic: Dangers of surgery?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I happened to stumble accross an article in a mag a few days ago which was all about the dangers of plastic surgery and the risks involved. The general concensus seemed to be that there is a slight risk of blood clot or heart attack as a result of the surgery and this got me thinking about how safe our gyne surgery is. Does anyone have any stats related to this kind of procedure? I have to say that the article did seem to surround women who had had breat augmentation or substantial amounts of lipo on thights and stomack etc. and there was no mention of male chest reuction as such. It hasn't put me off having the surgery though and I am sure that we are all aware that there are some risks involved in any surgery, but I was just curious.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Hi blue,

From what I've gathered, the main risk of gyne surgery is an getting an infection in the cut, 
this applies for both lipo and gland excision. As the cut will be deep the infection can potentially cause septicemia which is bacteria in the blood and this can be very serious. That is why it is best to find a hospital that has a good MRSA record or is very clean. If you have a bad cold or chest infection on the day of the surgery any good surgeon will not go through with the op. Although the chances of an infection is very unlikely every thing to reduce the chances is worth doing. I think smoking can increase the chances of catching an infection. After the op it is best to stay overnight in the hospital as well if you can to the wound has healed a bit before you go home.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024