Author Topic: is this weird?  (Read 8694 times)

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member
I found a bra that is the most supportive and most comfortable of any I have purchased thus far. However, I have minor mental issue to get over. You see this bra is a PushUp bra. I don't go out of my way to tell the world I wear a bra. However, I will not go out of my way to hide it either, if it means sacrificing comfort or support. I decided to wear a bra for both comfort and support, so why should I care what type it is? is it weird to wear a Push Up bra? It does not really show more than any others I own.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I find they give the best support.
They do make them look a bit bigger, but since they are not bouncing around they tend to be less noticeable. I usually wear a button down shirt unbuttoned over top of another shirt to cover them up.
I dont wear bras to work though, even though I should.

hammer

If it fits and works, wear it!

I did receive the tee shirts that I ordered from the women within, however they were not like a regular "T"! They had the bigger neck hole and looked more feminine! So I will not wear them, we will donate them to a shelter!

Guys, I will wear a bra, any bra, Lacy, push-up, different color if need be to make me comfortable, however, I will not wear women's shirts if they look feminine, I'm still a man even with the bra on and the big breast that I have!

After all, the bra is just for supporting breast!

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member
Yep, you guys are both right. I bought the bra and than got hangup over the word PushUp, don't know why? I've decided to wear it today, because it is the most supportive and comfortable bra I've worn. Well, Thanks for the help!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Whatever my "condition" seems to be, if I don't wear a bra it feels like icepicks in the upper chest, I have guessed coopers ligaments, but looking at the breast muscle arrangement I am not so sure. If I don't wear a bra it hurts soo badly, and simply lifting up on my breast makes it feel better almost immediately.  Driving my 3/4ton Suburban cross country (it rides good really) was so painful when I didn't wear a bra and just wore a compression top. 

But alas I think a push up bra would be more comfortable, but I don't think I can bring myself to wear it, I don't want to make it more obvious, so I stick to full coverage or minimizers or sports bras.  Full Coverage being most comfortable.  I haven't tried a push up just out of fear it will be more obvious that I have gyne

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member
Just a update, I decided to wear the bra out, despite my mental problems :) I have done so, a couple different times, and only once was anything ever said. I love wearing this bra so much, I'm tempted to purchase another one, should I???

hammer

So, what was said, and who said it?

As for buying another, that between you and who ever else manage's your money!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I know for me, I have had a hard time accepting wearing womens things.
I used to spend at least an hour or two in pain when I got home struggling with the idea of putting on a bra. I decided to wear something girly 24/7. Now I can just put the bra on no problem. I figure I already have this on, so whats another.
If I go without for a while, the no feeling comes back.
I think its fairly normal for guys to have problems with wearing womens clothes as society has programed us from an early age that is weird or gay.

Push ups are way more comfortable and supportive in my opinion, so just go for it.
I dont like soft cup bras at all.

hammer

We all go through the getting use to the idea period!

We all know how much more comfortable we are with a good fitting bra then we are without. That is why we say that a bra is an article of clothing for supporting breast. What does it mater if the breast are on a man or a woman.

Back in the late 90's a Dear Abby had a writer ask if it would be ok for him to wear a bra as he had very large breast but his wife was against it. Dear Abby said No, that they were for woman only!

I wrote in and said that "why shouldn't a man be able to have the right to support large breast just because he is a man? Why should he not have the right to be comfortable just as a women? I'm a man with C cup breast due to the lost of testicles, so would you tell a woman with C cups she doesn't need a bra to enjoy comfort?" If the shoe fits, wear it, but in this case, if the bra fits, wear it!

She never responded.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Oh Bob, you really struck a nerve in me with this thing about the meadia writter, dear Abby!

I am so sick of the media or even worse the hollywood clan dictating what should and what should not be the norm.  They tell us we are not normal, but in reality, if they look in the mirror they can see what fairy land looks like.  Most have never had to hold down a real job, have never had to struggle to make ends meet, but yet they label us with the worst titles they can dream up for expecting others to work for what they get.

The point you made about the lack of logic in the response you received is lost in this group, as they don't care, they are never challanged to their lack of logic in things they say and write, as they have so many followers that buy the garbage they are selling which perpetuates it!

I may be told that I am abnormal, but I grew up in a time and area where we had to take care of ourselves, and others that were really trying, but were stumbling, and never thought that was out of the ordinary. 

Back to topic now, the key here is if you need a support garment to help carry your breast comfortably, you need a good fitting bra and THAT AINT WEIRD

hammer

db, believe me that you and I are on the same page! At 56 I grow up in what I like to call the "black and white world"! What I mean by that is we had no color TV, no remote control, no video games, we played out side and the neighbor lady spanked up if we missed behaved, and most of all, WE EARNED EVERYTHING WE GOT it wasn't handed to us on a silver plater! I started working at the age of 13 and was never unemployed for more then two weeks, until I became disabled.

I call today's kids including the 20 something the "gold star" kids! They get or got a gold star whether they did good or bad, passed or failed, showed up or didn't because not to get the gold star would hurt their self esteem and be detrimental to their well being! So now we have these people that show up to work late in crappy cloths and no shoes and expect their gold star!

And the media promotes that as well!

These as just some of the reasons we home schooled our daughters!

Just my dollar two eighty worth.

Offline gotgyne

I know for me, I have had a hard time accepting wearing womens things ...
I think its fairly normal for guys to have problems with wearing womens clothes as society has programed us from an early age that is weird or gay.

Since my teens I've had leg problems which aggravated year by year. Meanwhile I've had three deep vein thromboses and must wear support and later medical compression pantyhose for several decades now. For a long time I thought that these were women's clothing and hid them under slacks, even during the hot summer months. Then on vacation in Spain my wife noticed one gentleman who wore skin-colored compression pantyhose with shorts and made me aware of him. The same evening I put on shorts and guess what? Nothing happened. For more than 15 years now I wear compression pantyhose in nude and dark colors with shorts from late spring to fall, even at work since I don't have a white-collar job.

As I later developed gynecomastia it was the same again. I refused to wear a support garment like a bra at first but the fitter at my orthopedic supplier where I get my medical pantyhose told me that they have quite a few male customers who need and wear bras. I finally got fitted and tried one. Now I am wearing a bra every day.

In my opinion it's not so much society but the influence of parents, teachers and others who tell us since early childhood what is male and what is female attire, habits, etc. Meanwhile I don't care anymore about what other people think.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:06:33 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member

It wasn't that big of a deal, but someone did noticed. I was sitting down at Denny's waiting so I could order. The waitress came by and took my order, she started to walk away but turned around asked in a low-tone voice if i was wearing a bra. I simply stated "yes". A look of confusion came over her face and she just said "ok" walked away. Shortly thereafter another waitress came by and told me she was now taking over my table. That was the end of it.

Offline TigerPaws

It wasn't that big of a deal, but someone did noticed. I was sitting down at Denny's waiting so I could order. The waitress came by and took my order, she started to walk away but turned around asked in a low-tone voice if i was wearing a bra. I simply stated "yes". A look of confusion came over her face and she just said "ok" walked away. Shortly thereafter another waitress came by and told me she was now taking over my table. That was the end of it.

While you handled the situation, perhaps next time (and there will be a next time) try a bit more aggressive approach; such as "It is NONE of your business". People need to be told to mind their own business and failing that put in a position to defend their prejudicial beliefs.

hammer

The other thing that could have been done as my wife said, is educate the person about WHY some men NEED a bra just as a woman does! Because some have breast too, and some have as big or even bigger breast, so if a bra is made to support breast why shouldn't I a man be aloud to be comfortable too?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024