Author Topic: advice and opinions please  (Read 2416 times)

Offline pre99

• Posting Member
Good day;

I am exactly two weeks post op. Lipo and excision. I attached 1 before pic and 3 pics post.

I know alot of comments will be that its only been 2 weeks and to give it much more time to heal, but I'm hoping for some unbiased opinions. First off is this normal bruising and nipple reaction for two weeks post op?

my PS is not a good communicator. I saw him and I expressed some concerns and he dismissed them by saying I look fine and to give the bruising 3 months and that my nipples "will pop" and then walked out.

I am very concerned with my left nipple. Its got a crease on the lower half and is very slanted. it has improved slightly from a week ago, but I'm really concerned that it doesn't look normal at all and I have a crater. It definitely feels like I have some hardened scar tissue underlying both nipples, so I'm praying and hopeful that once it evens out will fill in and look normal. Any advice comments are appreciated as to wait 6 months of uncertainty is quite agonizing. I'm freaking out a bit that I've made a huge mistake. Thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Much too early to tell at this point -- and there is nothing one could do in any case.  Your bruising will eventually disappear and everything will soften and naturalize -- this takes many months.

Why not chill for a while and in 3-4 months, post some really good before and after photos -- preferably taken by another person.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Dr. Jacobs is absolutely right. Way too early to tell. Nothing looks bad right now. Post some photos later. Try not to worry.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline pre99

• Posting Member
Thank You Dr. Pope and Dr. Jacobs for the replies. I have been feeling better since I posted mainly b/c visually I've improved....Thank god for this community as I think in the early stages of healing whats important is to receive some reassurance and support that things are okay--hate to sound like a weakling haha, but even I will admit I was trying to tough it out on my own-but was affected by anxiety and uncertainty.

I have another question for you, my doctor advised that I don't have to wear my compression garment all the time, but I've been reading from most others on here to wear it as often as possible even 24-7. I've been wearing it most of the time- first off how tight should it be? the binders i have are extremely snug- so snug on a couple of occasions I've had to undo in the middle of the night for some relief. you can even tell from my bruising -an impresson of the outline of the garment!

Also, whats the general rule of thumb before you can start training/excersizing your chest after gyne surgery? what if it feels normal but still have some scar tissue underneath thats healing......or is it just that it won't feel normal while you still have tissue thats healing? sorry if its a dumb question,don't mean to get ahead of myself or be impatient- just curious! haha thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are no right or wrong answers to your questions.  Each surgeon has his own recommended post-op routine.  Since only your surgeon truly knows the extent of the surgery that was done on you, it would be best for you to pose these questions directly to him.

I can only speak in generalities.  For my patients, I advise snug compression for at least four weeks after surgery.  I also usually advise no strenuous activities for at least four weeks after surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Offline jmg106

• Posting Member
I too had concern 2 days after surg, I called the Dr right away EMERGENCY and I went into his office today and I walk out feeling like a load was lifted off my chest he answered all my questions I had. I felt like what the F... did I do before walking in there today, and walking out with satisfaction, QUOTE: ''The mirror can be your friend and your worst enemy'' Give it time, Dr J gave you good advise too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024