Author Topic: Puffy nip question  (Read 4613 times)

Offline NEWB

• Posting Member
I was taking a supplement with 17 alpha-Methyl 1-testosterone,which I have stopped taking.My Doc believes thats what the puffy nips are from.My question is will the puffy nips go away? My Doc says they will. Also what exactly causes the puffy nip??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:37:31 PM by NEWB »

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Conversion of the extra testosterone into estrogenes. The result is: Your nipples look like these of a girl.

Offline NEWB

• Posting Member
anyone else?

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
How long ago did you stop taking this medication? if only a few weeks , i would wait another month and see if the situation resolves on its own. Good Luck

Offline NEWB

• Posting Member
How long ago did you stop taking this medication? if only a few weeks , i would wait another month and see if the situation resolves on its own. Good Luck

thanks its been at least since the begining of Oct. when I stopped. maybe sooner...bad memory...lol

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I would give it another month before worrying. When you stop taking medication  it resolves the gyne or puffy nips in some cases......so fingers crossed ,as it's still only early. :) . Try and lay of the alcohol as well for two weeks to give the healing a little boost.

Offline NEWB

• Posting Member
ok...I dont really drink at all....it was a legal supplment called M1T they have since banned it...nice huh...If I knew I would have never taken it...The puffyness started at the end of Oct.  I started taking the stuff last Nov.  I havent taken it the whole year straight...I didnt take it for a mouth or 2 here and there.This is driving me nuts cause I noticed it and it seems to have gotten worse.Im about ready to call the Doc again.  

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
I'm in a comparable case. Gyno grew one month and a hal f ago but  i got it from an antihairloss drug. I stopped the drug (in fact replaced it with another that proved safer) and have been takng arimidex+andractim for 2  weeks. No improvement in sight yet.  But the pain is only subsiding; Keep us posted bout the way things are. I will.

Offline NEWB

• Posting Member
ok no problem..thanks for the reply ;D

DrBermant

I was taking a supplement with 17 alpha-Methyl 1-testosterone,which I have stopped taking.My Doc believes thats what the puffy nips are from.My question is will the puffy nips go away? My Doc says they will. Also what exactly causes the puffy nip??

There are many possible medical and drug causes of gynecomastia

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024