Author Topic: Do you belive in god?  (Read 26713 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hey, i listen to even phony advice  ;)  

i think the reason discussion focuses on differences rather than similarities is that, as mentioned before, discussion's reason for being is to resolve differences where possible and reach understanding where not.  so while i note your point in the main, if people remain detached about issues rather than personal, attention to differences is by definition not a destructive thing but a constructive one, and questions of jugulars may be found to rest more in perception than reality.

but believe it or not, i'm still trying, successfully or not so, to throttle back on the posting   :(
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I feel sorry for anyone who believes in god for it's shear waste of time and effort...and it's stupidity

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
Nope1 you might find that you are at odds with the latest thinking in science. Some of the set values in our universe are a bit spooky - to have the universe as it is they have to be a very very precise number. They are exactley with odds of millions to one against. One explanation is God, but don't worry there are other non-creationist ideas. We are in a kind of computer game or this universe is one of millions. Take your pick but at the moment each one is a matter of faith.  

Offline TheSlacker

• Posting Member
I was raised as a christian but I never actively participated in much. When I was probly 7th grade, i started questioning. thats around the time i became agnostic. I think there could possibly be a god of some sort, but I don't really think there is.  
The world is a mystery to me. I don't want to be so quick to say something was "created by God". To me it seems like its an easy way out of a question that can be answered through hard work. I generally don't believe things 100% unless i see them. so why do i believe history books? because everything seems credible. there is no "magic" in history books. everything is decisions that most people can make. no one can walk on water though, no one can split a sea. a lot of it doesn't seem believable.

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
Sounds kinda like the girl from Columbine High who got shot because she believed in God, Eeriez.

Yes, i believe in God. I was raised as a Catholic, i mean, both of my parents are mexicans, so what do you know?

And for all you people out there who don't believe in God, well, what if you end up wrong due to your Athiest beliefs and when you die, you go to hell and Satan shoves a hot poker up your ass? Even if you don't believe, believe so that you can be 100% sure of no eternal damnation.

EDIT: YES!!! I'm finally a Junior Member now!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 12:49:52 PM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
part of me doesn't on account of how my gyne situation turned into utter nightmare, yet in a weird way i think there's a lot of really strong paranormal evidence for.  

but i could never believe in the traditional idea of heaven and hell and eternal damnation for an honest disbelief during a life of less than a hundred years.  any real God would be able to see through sleazy "christians" faking belief out of fear, compared with righteous atheists who disbelieved out of honest conviction and would change their minds confronted with Him face to face.  eternal frying for that?  no way.  

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
It ain't out of fear for me, it's just the way i was raised, and that is what i truly believe. But, if you absolutely deny the existence of God AND dont obey the common good, you are in for one HELL of a ride!!! (pun intended)

Which brings me to the question of aborted babies or people who never got to know God. it aint in my knowledge to judge.

Lemme give yallz a snippet from my mind. look at the world 'round yall. it had to have been created by a greater being. Shit doesn't just happen at random. there is a reason as to why we are here.

Offline TheSlacker

• Posting Member

And for all you people out there who don't believe in God, well, what if you end up wrong due to your Athiest beliefs and when you die, you go to hell and Satan shoves a hot poker up your ass? Even if you don't believe, believe so that you can be 100% sure of no eternal damnation.

And what about the invisible pink unicorns that will sodomize you if you don't believe in them?

But seriously though, I don't think thats a reason to believe in something. But thats just me :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:16:03 PM by TheSlacker »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024