Author Topic: is it me or...  (Read 2847 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
do all gyne sufferers seem to love swimming?

I know I certainly do (but of course find every excuse to avoid it)

Offline Tiverty_A

• Posting Member
  • Star Trek...world where stuff like gyne is no more
i love swiming too but you got to remember it seems everyone does   :D
I have gyne that is caused by Fat not the gland, but it is still hard with my life.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I think swimming is awesome.  I learned how to swim pre gyne and I've never really been back in a pool for an extended period of time.  My girlfriend and son love the water.  Another reason why I'm getting surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yep.... swimming is awesome!

Still haven't gone yet since the operation.... A tad nervous me thinks :-/. Will have to 'do it' before summer's end....

Is there anyone who is post-op that would like to share their 'first' post-op swimming experience?

John.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:50:48 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I've started going to the gym pretty hardcore lately and may use the pool for cardio. Only thing is, doing that, I can't listen to music / watch TV.. so not sure.

I'd feel OK doing it though. I just don't really like swimming  ;)
etc.

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
also probably the feeling that you cant do it because of gyne makes it more of a challenge psychologically.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline Tiverty_A

• Posting Member
  • Star Trek...world where stuff like gyne is no more
i know that for me it takes me a long time to be mentaly able to go swiming in a swiming pool with others :-[

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not too thrilled about swimming, but the reason is that I nearly drowned as a small child and has nothing to do with gynecomastia.

Conversely,  I would not be likely to go bare chested at the beach unless the girls had the same privilege.  Not because of the breasts, but because it is a fairness issue.  (Breasts are not sex organs)

The fact that my gynecomastia is a family trait and that I've had it since about 1949 no doubt have a lot to do with my attitudes.

Grandpa Dan

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
I enjoy swimming but I suspect *most* people do. I don't think there's any correlation between enjoying swimming and gyne.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024