Author Topic: Made the call finally in Vancouver.  (Read 2139 times)

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
    Calling was the worst part because I really didn't want to find out it was twice as much as I could pay or that there was a wait list until 2008 but it turned out to be cheaper then I was hoping and quicker.  I should have it done by the end of next month if all goes well and it will end up costing just over $3000.  I forgot to ask if I'd be put right under or not.  I absolutely dread waking up sick from being right out.  Plus I'd like to see whats going on.  But it would also be nice to just fall asleep and wake up with everything done.  I also don't want to make the doctor all self conciouse by lying there watching everything he does.  I'm sure they would rather work on someone whose out cold.  I'd hate to accidentally sneeze and end up with a wand through the heart.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Congratulations on making the call. I made one myself not too long ago, and have a consult with Dr. Fielding in a few days. I like the part in your post about the sneezing. I would rather be awake for the surgery, i dont like the idea of being put under....worried about anasthesia going wrong and not waking up.  But im not sure if being put under is necessary or not. Guess i'll find out in a few days.  Who is going to do your surgery?

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
You go under.  But, these days... it's very, very low risk.  I didn't feel sick at all when I woke.  They give you IV fluids so you feel great + any painkillers if needed (I didn't need).  An anethesiologist is there to put you under and it is all reassuring and comfortable.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024