Author Topic: Not sure if this is true gyno  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Artsy123

So when I pinch my nipple area I don't feel a hard lump or anything. It feels like I'm just pinching nipple tissue. I took medication in the past known to have gyno as a side effect. At that time I felt my nipples tingle which I'm assuming indicated formation of slight breast tissue but I'm not sure.  I don't have much of a fatty chest because when I pinch myself around there it's just skin and muscle except for the areolar region. I kind of want the surgery to fix it but I'm a little concerned because people who've had puffy nip surgery on this website still have puffy nips afterwards resulting in no change. Is my case too minor to have surgery? The last thing Anyone would want is surgery to fix a problem and then nothing happens or is made worse.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to be slender and have mild puffy nipples.  Although this condition can be vexing, treating it properly is quite tricky.  Remove too much and you have a crater; don't remove enough and you still have a puffy nipple.

Only you can decide if it is worth having surgery.  If you opt for surgery, make sure it is an expert in the field.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Artsy123

Offline Dr. Schuster