Author Topic: does acupressure have a cure for gynecomastia?  (Read 5107 times)

Offline purs

since the hazards and high operation cost involved, for treating gynecomastia...i wanted to know if there is any other way of successfully treating the problem. for example through acupressure?

i have somewhat the same story which everybody here on this website have to share.
to sum it up - puberty at 12, male breasts, social retaliation, lack of confidence,............. i'm 21 now.

i'm a new member of this website, hope people with experience will help me out.

Offline rds54

• Posting Member
Based on the research I've done, surgery is the only option that will cure gynecomastia. A doctor might be better to ask ;)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Everyone on this site would love to find a cure for gyne.  Unfortunately, the only time some type of limitation on growth can be done is while it is just beginning to grow.  Then, perhaps, an estrogen inhibitor or blocker might be of help.  But most men do not become unaware of the condition until it is a bit more advanced -- and then any medication is beyond hope of helping -- medication does not work on established breast tissue.

And please save your money as regards acupressure, various over-the-counter (or via the internet) "miracle cures", massage, lotions, injections, etc -- they do not work.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm 73 year old and I too have had the condition since I was about 12 or since 1949.

If there was a safe, reliable, effective way to get rid of Gynecomastia I would have found it long ago. Alas there is no such treatment except surgery which was not a good option 60 years ago but which now is a good, reliable, effective treatment.

Too late for me, as various medical conditions make me a poor candidate for elective surgery. For you, the only question is whether it bothers you enough to justify the cost of surgery. No one else can answer that question for you.

Just be sure to see a well qualified Cosmetic Surgeon as this is not a job for a General Surgeon. Just as you would not entrust the maintenance of a Bentley to a handyman.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Surgery is the best option for removing gynecomastia.  However, if you turn to a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia correction, many hazards can be avoided.   With regard to cost, many of my patients finance the procedure.  After doing your research, you may want to begin with a consultation.  Many surgeons offer, as do I, virtual consultations for out of town patients.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024