Author Topic: Have you tried using tape to cover your nipples?  (Read 25420 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Liquid bandages are a good bet. I use one called New Skin or NewSkin. It's technically a skin safe product but shouldn't be used too often.

Is there any warning on the packaging about 'prolonged use'?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Then again, perhaps a fresh discussion might be preferable to a lot of time spent in researching the old material.

You're right Dan... nothing wrong with a 'fresh discussion' of a buried thread...  ;)

GB...

Offline Angel Fish

• Posting Member
I use the common band aid...

yeah I have scars around my nipples because of this... Add this to the millions of reasons why I wont take my shirt off in public

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member

yeah I have scars around my nipples because of this... Add this to the millions of reasons why I wont take my shirt off in public

what's the scar look like??

Offline Angel Fish

• Posting Member

what's the scar look like??

just like huge pimple scars... mostly brown discolorations that wont disappear in the next couple of months

DrBermant

I note with interest that the original post here was over a year ago and that the thread was inactive for a long time before being recently resurrected.

Anyone reading who has any questions might do well to spend a bit of time looking back through the archives here. There is hardly anything that has not been covered at one time or another.

Then again, perhaps a fresh discussion might be preferable to a lot of time spent in researching the old material.

Like many of you on this board, I have suffered with a mild case of Gyno that started back when I was in my teens and took some of that B.S. testosterone supplements. Puffy nips the very next day and I still have now.

Anyway an excellent product to use until we find a better solution is Non-irritating Paper Tape from Johnson & Johnson. Both CVS and Walgreens carry it.

It is very thin and is excellent to use to tape down those puffy nips. It peals off easy also although I do recommend you shave the area as while it wont hurt your skin, it will try to take some hair with it.

Its perfect for those of us that have mild cases and don’t need a true chest vest. It also allows you to wear tighter fitting clothes and not be so damn sel conscience about it. Hope this helps some of you guys out there, especially those still in High-school / college.  Gyno is bad enough by itself, but having to go through school with it just aint right, this "band-aid" fix will at least help you with your shirt on. Just dont foget to rip it off fast before taking off your shirt in front of someone!
Sorry, I have seen bad scars from prolonged use of even gentle paper dressing tape.

Here is an example of one of the patients who was using tape.  Check out the pigmentation changes around the areola.

Yes, I have been warning people about tape scars for many years. Here is one such post from 2006. It reminds me that I had already put one of the many examples I have seen of a tape pigmentation scar up on my site. Unfortunately, I have seen many others.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024