Author Topic: Pain, Pain PAIN!!!  (Read 2314 times)

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
I am trying to save some big cash for the surgery....I have met with 5 or more PS of all which had said they do not see or feel gland tissue now.....but they may see it on the operating table.....

here is my issue I have this faint but very annoying pain that comes and goes in my left nip....this is the bigger of the two man boobs.....is there a med or solution to deal with the pain for now till  get the surgery???

Also for you that have done the surgery did that get rid of the pain?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
how old are you?  

surgery will almost certainly get rid of the pain.  i assume aspirin's not cutting it?  you won't be able to get local injections on a regular basis obviously.    

but with a symptom like that, now would be a good time to try fighting an insurance company to get an op covered ;)  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:23:02 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Yeah I've already gone through hell with INS just to cover the blood tests.....which don't look so great....I'm 32 and test is rather low.....SHGB is high......and estrogen is med/high.....as with many others here on this board....I've been dealing with this for my entire life and just recently come across some good doctors that are willing to look at the blood  work AND the person.....rather than just looking at the blood work (which in most cases is a general sample and is NOT age adjusted) I highly recomoned to everyone to ask for ULTRA senetive hormone checks on your blood when available and discuss how old YOU are and what the range of age on the blood work is.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it makes sense they'd be off since you're out of the teens.  you often see ps's disclaimers that there's recurrence risk if things are significantly irregular.  what i've wondered though is, even though that's the case, if they successfully excise most of the gland tissue, doesn't that still minimize the recurrence risk even with that irregularity.  although you'd expect them to be just a little conservative, it'd be interesting to see one of the docs weigh in on whether that mitigates any. 

Offline urhs52

• Posting Member
Its almost impossible to find really good endo's in NY.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024