Author Topic: New guy to the forum  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Reprah

hi, I've just discovered this forum and i just want to say how awesome it is to see everyone discussing this issue together.

Im currently 20, 21 in april and i used to be a very overweight teenager. From ages of 11 to 15 from what i remember i was around 5ft 6 and around 76kgs. Going though school i got the usual bullying of being fat etc and turning 16 i went on a crazy weight loss thing where i went down to something silly like 48kg. I had mental issues with diet thinking everything made me fat so i would starve myself.

Anyhow as i got better mentally i started to grow,puberty hit etc and now im just 6ft at 72kg.still very thin but not ridiculous.

Anyhow, eventhough as far as i can remember ive had to deal with gynecomastia. 'moobs'. Being 48kg or 76kg. Never understood when it occured and my teen years are a blur due to all the weight loss.
Anyhow as i see myself in the mirror and starting to take weight training seriously, gyno has always made me think about the issues with gaining mass on my chest. Tshirts that fit to the chest at the moment look odd due to the nipples puffing out, the right being more predominant.

I understand gyno isnt going to dissapear with losing, or weight training.

Also im from the UK and anyone whos had the surgery in the UK could you tell me how much it cost you?

Its funny as after the weight loss i never used to think about it much thinking theyll go, is there a chance it still may due to my going through puberty fairly late? Any advice is welcome and sorry for the lengthy post.

Oh also i am kind of skinny fat, but im certain its gyno as i went to the doctors through the NHS was sent to a PS  and was told it was mild in my right side. He then never actually decided to say anything more. odd.

I also want to say that does anyone know what can cause the gland to increase or make it worse? sometimes i feel it has grown over the years but it could just be my paranoia. I'll post picture soon, when i pluck up the courage lol. thanks for reading.

peace.

Offline Reprah

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome,

I sometimes only check in here after a week or so. The result being that my responses are sometimes a bit slow.

I live in Southern California in the US so I cannot give you any specifics about costs or those things, but I might be able to help in a general way If you have questions about coping with the condition.

Meanwhile, be patient, someone closer to you will check in before long who can be of more direct help.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024