Author Topic: First time poster, please give me your thoughts  (Read 1466 times)

Offline rdizzle92

Hello everyone,

I am 30 y/o non-steroid user, and I have been dealing with this issue for my entire life.

This year I am going to be going to see a few surgeons in my area to see if I am good candidate for this procedure.

I hate the look of my chest. In addition to  gyne, I think i also suffer from having rib flare and a sunken chest (dent in the middle). So I am not sure if removing the gyne will make my chest look better, given the other issues.. However, this may all in my head and i don't know if this is true. I actually did an x-ray to test for pectus exevatum, and the radiologist said my chest does not have that.

I've learned to cope with gyne by avoiding taking my shirt off. When my chest is exposed, i notice that my gyne is substantially improved if i pinch my nipples and make them erect.. but i know this is horrible to do and not a permanent solution..

these photos are about 8-12 months old and i have since lost about 25lbs (200lb, 5'11 in photo), today i am 175lb roughly.

Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts about what severity of gyne you think i have and if i would benefit from surgery.

I would prefer for the surgeon to do only excision of breast tissue under local anaesthesia. do you think my chest would need lipo as well? i am bit worried about doing the full lipo + excision under general anaesthesia. I've read in some cases patients have died because the PS removed too much fat with lipo. Scary.

Dudewithboobs

There’s a little bit there but nothing I’d consider too noticeable. Given the physique it seems to be plausible it could be a bit more adipose than breast tissue. Definitely some growth but nothing I’d consider too noticeable. 

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I am going to be going to see a few surgeons in my area to see if I am good candidate for this procedure.
The surgeons will all tell you that you're an excellent candidate. I'm no surgeon, but from what I see, you really are. Your breasts have not reached the point of hanging while you stand, and you're still young. That means they can do the excision and lipo and your skin will contract. You will look great. Aside from small scars that go away quickly, you'll look like someone who never had gynecomastia. Left as-is, your breasts will almost surely get bigger and they will hang, you will need a bra for all the same reasons women wear them. One thing is for sure, they will never shrink or go away on their own.

My advice to you: If you've made your decision and have no reservations about surgery, the recovery, the money, then get the balling rolling asap. Get on the phone and schedule an appointment. Don't put it off because the whole process takes time. You're probably looking at 2-3 months between pushing the button and actually having surgery. And another 3 - 6  months before you're totally healed. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
One thing I noticed in the photos is that you have hairy forearms and legs but not your chest. Do you shave your chest? If so, maybe let the hair grow there, which will cover your gyne somewhat.

Gino

From your pix I'd say you have a minor issue and since it's been lifelong they are not growing. I'd have no problem going shirtless with your appearance. 

Offline gotgyne

I am going to be going to see a few surgeons in my area to see if I am good candidate for this procedure.
The surgeons will all tell you that you're an excellent candidate. I'm no surgeon, but from what I see, you really are. Your breasts have not reached the point of hanging while you stand, and you're still young. That means they can do the excision and lipo and your skin will contract. You will look great. Aside from small scars that go away quickly, you'll look like someone who never had gynecomastia. Left as-is, your breasts will almost surely get bigger and they will hang, you will need a bra for all the same reasons women wear them. One thing is for sure, they will never shrink or go away on their own.

My advice to you: If you've made your decision and have no reservations about surgery, the recovery, the money, then get the balling rolling asap. Get on the phone and schedule an appointment. Don't put it off because the whole process takes time. You're probably looking at 2-3 months between pushing the button and actually having surgery. And another 3 - 6  months before you're totally healed.
Taking into consideration that rdizzle92 hates his chest, as he wrote, Fred's advice is more than plausible. Get surgery!
John

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Congratulations on the 25 lb. weight loss.  I would imagine your chest looks better, but given the appearance in your posted photos, you have gynecomastia and you most likely are not flat chested now.  Consider posting some current photos.

Dr. Pope, MD
Orlando, FL
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Busty

I understand your concern.

You are a bit pointy and puffy 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024