Author Topic: 9 months post op, one revision, not happy, some pics - opinions please!  (Read 4571 times)

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Hello all,

I am now 9 months and 10 days post op.  I had lipo and gland removal.
On February 12th I went in for a revision surgery on my left hand side.

My ps told me that she removed about an egg sized peice of breast tissue that had re-grown on my left side.
Has anyone had this experience, or know what I should think about it?
My left nipple now looks sunken to me....

My right side is now larger than my left and continues to be sore and soft, even after 9 months.
My surgeon has recommended I have a revision on it as well.

Please take a look at my pictures and give me your opinions and advice as I could really use it right now.
This has been a very tough experience both emotionally and physically and I have no idea what to do anymore.
My surgeon is the only person that has given me any insight into what is going on and would like a second opinion on what is happening with me.  Dr. Bermant, maybe if you have time you could give me your thoughts..

Thanks in advance to all who help me out with your thoughts.

Pics are here....  http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:57:04 PM by rowdy99 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hang in there. 

not as flat as it was looking post op, certainly.  would she be willing to do the revision at her expense? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
yes she is. 

i'm worried about scars though and reformation of gyne.

what has caused the regrowth of so much breast tissue? 

Offline MSJ108

could it be a skin issue why it keeps coming back?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My surgeon is the only person that has given me any insight into what is going on and would like a second opinion on what is happening with me.  Dr. Bermant, maybe if you have time you could give me your thoughts..

Thanks in advance to all who help me out with your thoughts.

Pics are here....  http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02/

Yup, Dr. Bermant can fix the 'other' doctors Fook-ups...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

However, you gotta keep in mind that PS's are just mere mortals and can only do so much...  Geeze, even the 'Big Dude' himself doesn't get it 'perfect' at times.... Some women have one breast larger than the other... Some guys have one testicle larger than the other.... but hey.... that is just the way it is...

GB

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
I'm sure Dr. Bemant can "fix the 'other' doctors Fook-ups..." as you say. 

And I know the "Big Dude" doesn't always get it right...

Thats not what I'm looking for. 

I'm curious to why I am having regrowth of breast tissue and why after all I have gone through that I am not seeing the results I expected and wanted.

Thanks anyways... 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm curious to why I am having regrowth of breast tissue and why after all I have gone through that I am not seeing the results I expected and wanted. 

Have you seen an Endocrinologist?

GB

Offline MSJ108

could it be a skin issue why it keeps coming back?

Ask your doc about possible excess skin issue. You may need a lift. One surgeon recommended that to me

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Well I went to my PS today.

She said that she thinks the growth is from a build up of scar tissue and is reluctant to do anything until August when she will look at it again and then have a clear view of tissue that has not been disturbed in some time.   

Not what I was looking to hear, this has become a fustrating year and i just wish i could see the results i expected!

I also saw my family doc, he said he has never ever seen a regrowth of gyne and that I am one of the unlucky ones.  Sweet!  I went in for a battery of blood tests to test hormone levels and see if there is something there.

Wow, if I thought I'd be where I am now 9 months ago before surgery I would have never put myself through the mental anguish that I now face....   darn!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024