Author Topic: Scars  (Read 3756 times)

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
Hi guys
after doing the surgery i have big scars and a doctor told me that it can be removed by laser.
so any pills or creme or any treatment of scars?

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
who did your original surgery?
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
Well theres Mederma. I think if you go to any pharmacy and ask them they will have an OTC selection in stock.

Its expensive but they say it and others work well, although I asked my surgeon and he said that all those things really do is act like a moisturizer so im not sure what to make of it.

I have some generic Mederma right here actually:

water,glycery polymethacrlate, propylene glycol, allium Cepa (onion) bulb extract, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, glyceron, methylparaben, benzoic acid, sodium Carbomer, Aloe Barbadenis Gel, Juglans Regia (walnut) shell extract, allantoin, Chamomile Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, phytonadione (vitamin K)

so if any of that helps.

Did your surgeon mention how soon you could use it? I got a lot of lipo stictches and have been wondering how long before I can start using this or if I should start now........

DrBermant

Hi guys
after doing the surgery i have big scars and a doctor told me that it can be removed by laser.
so any pills or creme or any treatment of scars?

How tissues move is critical.  Scars occur not only for the surface incision sites, but throughout the entire region for surgical sculpture.  That is how the body heals itself after injury.  The trick is how to minimize those scars, and this begins with the surgical technique.  Scars cannot be removed, only replaced by other scars.  I individualize a Scar Care program for each of my patients and use After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garments to minimize scars.  Sometimes revision surgery may be an option to improve scars, but prevention is much better.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So any pills or creme or any treatment of scars?

Dude, pills and/or creams will not remove your scars. Did you get a quote from the doctor as to how much laser correction surgery would cost?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024