Author Topic: 3.5 moths post op gyne returning??  (Read 2840 times)

Offline help1313

i had surgery about 3.5 months ago lipo and excision.  when i first took my vest off my nipples were near perfect but since then have gotten progressively worse.  My doctor told me it was because I had started to work out and that would cause a little bit more swelling also I was hit very hard on my left side twice (which is by a wide margin the worst of the two, the right side is nearly perfect) but that was nearly 3 months ago.   

I had some scar tissue problems on both side which are starting to go away. the real question though is that now where the scar tissue was there are balls again that are very hard.  when my doc took a look at it he felt around and said i had very little tissue and it was left over so not to cause concavity.  the problem tho is while my left side looks better than before not by very much.  is it possible that these balls )which are far larger than the doctor lets on) are left over scar tissue or am i in for round 2 of surgery?? they span from the bottom of my niples where the excision was to the top whereas before surgerythe gland was just above my nipples. also i am having trouble differenting the scar tissue from the balls almost like they are one in the same.

I am very distressed and need help.  thanks

Offline outertrial

Its pretty pointless feeling under your skin and trying to work out what anything might be under there. Scar tissue evolves at different rates for different people. Hypertrophic scars on your skin  are typically at their worst between 3 and 6 months post op, then get steadily better. It could well be such a thing youre feeling under your skin.

TBH it does sound more likely than some sort of super hard gland growing back, and it can take up to a year to heal fully. Post some pics if youre worried but Im willing to bet its not as bad as you think it is and your gyne isnt coming back.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Your mind can play some pretty powerful tricks on you.  I was convinced that my gyne was coming back after surgery.  It seems to happen when I was feeling down or feeling sorry for myself for some reason, next thing I knew I was feeling like I had moobs again.  It's sad, I guess I still have a lot of emotional pain to deal.  The point is, that I haven't had a reccurence.  Your mind can play tricks on you.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Always take a lot of before and after pictures from the same angles so that you can realisticly see if you have changed at all. Measurements are also helpful.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024