Author Topic: question for the postops  (Read 2713 times)

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
i was just wondering, how does it feel being gyne free, after the surgery. i don't mean mentally or psychologically. i mean does the chest literally feel lighter? does posture improve? do you also feel quicker? i would imagine if some1 has atleast a moderate case, the chest would literally feel lighter post op, like weight has been lifted off the chest. weird question, just wondering. thanks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:01:32 AM by Leafs »

DrBermant

i was just wondering, how does it feel being gyne free, after the surgery. i don't mean mentally or psychologically. i mean does the chest literally feel lighter? does posture improve? do you also feel quicker? i would imagine if some1 has atleast a moderate case, the chest would literally feel lighter post op, like weight has been lifted off the chest. weird question, just wondering. thanks

Gynecomastia involved a great deal of emotion before and after surgery as this typical video demonstrates.  For patients with large breasts, they tell me the chest feels lighter, does not have momentum of redundant tissue bouncing and in animation.  Most patients tell me of a posture change and a total change in the outlook of life.  Many patients tell me of a weight lifted from their souls, a relief from a sad stress they felt for a long time. 

My patients look at their before pictures and their chest in the mirror after surgery.  The one constant finding is a smile on their faces.  That expression as they look at their chest after surgery is so rewarding!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
One of the things i liked was the nice "tightness" that seemed to come from the lipo...pre-op i could grab this handfull of fat and skin at the  lower, outer edges of my pecs, but post op, that is gone. nothing to grab except muscle :)
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I must say that immediately following surgery it is tough to tell much really.

For the following reasons I find it difficult to really appreciate how much has changed.

Binder is on tight
Binder is padded
Swelling
Numbness
Bruising
Discomfort

With these factors, I don't yet quite know how to feel.

I will say this two days post op, I am feeling much better now than I expected to.  There is zero pain now except when touched. I have good mobility in each arm and am quite comfortable, even with the binder.

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
I'm about four or five weeks post op now.  I can say there was no real feeling of lightness, but like it was mentioned, there is a feeling of new tightness.  It took about a week before I lost the sence of near vertigo when looking down - it's really wierd to get used to looking down and seeing flatness, or even looking in the mirror and seeing it on you.

Also, I always knew I worried about what I wore and stuff, but since the operation, I never realized how much I slouched forward before, and how much I dreaded wind hitting me.  It's one thing to be aware of it when it's there, but when it's gone, you REALLY realize how much thought you gave the gyne before, everytime you catch yourself thinking, "oh, yeah, I don't have to worry about that anymore."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024