Author Topic: Dr. input or anybody would be highly appreciated :)  (Read 2687 times)

Offline kanzoe23

• Posting Member
I had two crease on my areola. One above the nipple and one below. The one above went away in about 1.5 month . The one below the nipple is sill there which is right above the incision .. I dont feel a scar underneath  When i stretch it it goes away and it doesnt require much force to make it go away. I just wonder if anybody had that problem and that would it go away with working out (because i am thinking a muscles can help stretch out) . I been working out and the top crease went away but it could be just because i am healing and it filled up with fluid (since i had aanother surgery for a hematoma removal that now its fully healed) I am 2.5 month post op btw. I am starting to lose hope that it will go away .

Any input is great i know that nothing is certain

thank you

DrBermant

I had two crease on my areola. One above the nipple and one below. The one above went away in about 1.5 month . The one below the nipple is sill there which is right above the incision .. I dont feel a scar underneath  When i stretch it it goes away and it doesnt require much force to make it go away. I just wonder if anybody had that problem and that would it go away with working out (because i am thinking a muscles can help stretch out) . I been working out and the top crease went away but it could be just because i am healing and it filled up with fluid (since i had aanother surgery for a hematoma removal that now its fully healed) I am 2.5 month post op btw. I am starting to lose hope that it will go away .

Any input is great i know that nothing is certain

thank you

Hematoma Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery can slow the healing process down and increase risk of scars.

How well skin shrinks after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), the nature of the tissue, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, and many other factors.  Excess skin can result in folds.  A fold is one possible compromise when trying to minimize scars with Male Breast Skin Reduction Surgery.  I do not typically see such folds with my techniques unless there is a significant before surgery problem of excess skin. 

Adhesion of surface tissues to deeper scars in conjunction with a fold can be a variant of the Crater Deformity Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery

I have developed Standard Photographs to Evaluate After Gynecomastia Surgery that better demonstrate such dynamic issues. 

Realistic expectations are essential, real surgery does have limitations.  Tissues need to heal and evolve after any surgical intervention.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline kanzoe23

• Posting Member
that doesnt really answer my question but thanks for input . I understand you dont have alot of time and you just copy and paste

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024