Author Topic: Two and a half Weeks Post Op. A few Questions  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Roger1488

Hi, like i said i'm two and a half weeks post op but I only have one concern. My right side seems to be much bigger than the left side. I realize people say you won't see the final results until 3-6 months, but my left side looks unbelievable and I would even be happy if it was the final result. I was just wondering if sometimes certain breasts would swell more than others, or do you think my doctor may have left some breast tissue on the right side? Thanks in advance!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I've noticed most stories here relate that there is more taken out of side than the other - the surgeon usually makes that call while he or she is operating. I've noticed on these boards, though, that most experience swelling more one side than the other, post op. I have a similar situation to you - my right side looks pretty good while my left is almost as big as it was pre-op - and I found out today that my surgeon took out more on the right than he did on the left - though I was told that has nothing to do with my asymmetry. So it seems your situation falls in line with what's commonly happening to most here.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Yeah I am post op as well and my left is larger than the right.  But when I press on the left it seems to be under more pressure/firmness.  So this says to me it is just swelling.  My other side is softer and more natural to the press.   I am sure time will bring the other one down for you.  Each side experienced different injuries from surgery--it's normal!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024