Author Topic: Optimum length of time to wear compression vest - 2, 4 or 6 weeks?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline jon942

• Posting Member
Please could you let me know what the optimum time-frame is for wearing the compression vest post-surgery?

My Surgeon stated that I should wear it for 2 weeks 24/7 and then 2 weeks at night. Other posts seem to indicate that it's best to wear it for at least 4-6 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
It's always best to listen to your surgeon.  I would say 2 weeks on all the time and 2 weeks at night is reasonable.  But it really is up to you.  You could wear it for 2 months if you wanted to.  All it's going to do is decrease swelling and scar tissue and keep everything tight.

Follow your surgeons orders and wear it like he said.  You'll be fine.   ;)
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I asked this question last week, if there was any longer term benefit to wear it more than 24/7 x 2, + 12/7 for 1 or 2 and he advised that if there was swelling then it would help, but if the swelling was gone then there is no other benefit.

I've worn compressions vests for a few years, so my view is an extra few weeks would not be much to bear if required.
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024