Author Topic: Will weight lifting and targeting the chest break up scar tissue?  (Read 5496 times)

Offline russ306

• Posting Member
I have a pretty thick band of scar tissue running from my armpit to a few inches above the nipple. Will weight lifting help break this up? Are there any other effective methods besides massaging?

Offline citizen_kane

• Posting Member
I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I keep reading about an injection for scar tissue. My PS mentioned it to me. I'l find out at my next appointment on July 1st.
Just do it!

Offline beautiful_mind

• Posting Member
I keep hearing about the scar tissue but honestly I don't know what it really is. I'm now 23 days post op and had a small hard thing close to my right armpit for a couple of days but now it's gone after applying Arnica gel to the area. Is it too early to tell whether or not I'm gonna have it?

Plus, is it dangerous? I mean does it have any health consequences? If not, I'm just not gonna worry about it and let it resolve on its own.

P.S. I like Arnica gel. It's doing wonders for me! About 80% of the swelling was gone by the end of the second week! So far I've used almost two tubes of it. It might have helped me with scar tissue thing.

Wish you the best.

GynO_DuDe

Overdosing yourself with arnica can also cause your skin to become hyper-sensitive ( i have first hand experience of this, and my surgeon also confirmed it ) so apply accordingly. I also noticed it helped me, and then went over the top which resulted in a nasty rash with blisters which longed out my healing process even more!

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I keep hearing about the scar tissue but honestly I don't know what it really is. I'm now 23 days post op and had a small hard thing close to my right armpit for a couple of days but now it's gone after applying Arnica gel to the area. Is it too early to tell whether or not I'm gonna have it?

Plus, is it dangerous? I mean does it have any health consequences? If not, I'm just not gonna worry about it and let it resolve on its own.

P.S. I like Arnica gel. It's doing wonders for me! About 80% of the swelling was gone by the end of the second week! So far I've used almost two tubes of it. It might have helped me with scar tissue thing.

Wish you the best.
Definition, from about.com:"Scar tissue - dense fibrous connective tissue that forms over and/or around a healed wound or cut; scar tissue is the body's way of repairing damaged tissues (and sometimes protecting surrounding tissues from foreign bodies). You could think of scar tissue as similar to a scab that forms when you scrape your skin, except that it is found internally in the body."  Also seen here: "These are not common after liposuction, and indeed, the FDA site below does not even mention scars/adhesions as a liposuction complication".

I am also 23 days post-op. My chest has barely changed since the surgery. I've experienced no significant swelling but I do feel some hardened lumps here and there on my chest. I vigorously massage the area 3 times a day for 30 mins using Arnica gel. I just started my 2nd tube too. I have not had any rash so far.

Now you might be lucky enough and have no scar tissue at all but it can appear at a later time, according to what I read. Wearing the compression vest is supposed to have a significant positive impact on both scar tissue and healing. Your body's ability to heal also plays a significant role. 

My PS told me to wear the vest for 6 weeks. I can start whatever exercises I want after 4 weeks. I was asked to massage until further notice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024