Author Topic: swelling  (Read 4365 times)

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Hi,

I'm 2 days post-op with Dr Lista. I see no swelling whatsoever so far. How long after surgery does swelling usually appear ?

Thanks !

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Mostly straight away, but if you keep that vest on it reduces it a lot.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Ok thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Maybe the homeopathic medicine the PS gave me works after all. They're Arnica Montana pellets.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Your swelling is on it's way, so expect it.  It can come weeks after.  Arnica is junk, I used it, if it makes you feel better, keeping using it.  All the research done on it proves it to be a joke.  It tastes like sugar for a reason!  Best of luck with recovery!

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Your swelling is on it's way, so expect it.  It can come weeks after.  Arnica is junk, I used it, if it makes you feel better, keeping using it.  All the research done on it proves it to be a joke.  It tastes like sugar for a reason!  Best of luck with recovery!
Yeah I had my doubts about homeopathy in the first place. The medicine is very sweet indeed. I'll use it as a topping on my next sundae ;).

I am psychologically ready for swelling. I was wondering if not having it immediately after surgery meant I was off the hook. Thanks for the reply dude :)

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Quick update: 3 days post-op w/ Dr Lista and still no signs of swelling.

Offline sla

• Posting Member
Yeah I got now, 8 days post op a bit swelling of my left chest!

Look Topic, Does this seems normal

in this thread

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Totally normal!  I remember my first day jogging (10 weeks in) and the swelling was huge--never bugged me because I know what to expect!  Don't worry bout it!!! 

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Totally normal!  I remember my first day jogging (10 weeks in) and the swelling was huge--never bugged me because I know what to expect!  Don't worry bout it!!! 
Thanks a lot for the insight. At which point after surgery has your chest started to swell ? I did not know you could have huge swelling so long (10 weeks) after surgery. Were you able to hide it ? How ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:27:18 PM by don_joe »

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
I am over 15 weeks out and don't pay any attention because swelling is gone or minimal.  But I had swelling about a week after and your chest will change many, many times before it settles.  Doctors are not joking when they say you will see final results in 6 months.  Also i had lots of scar tissue, never massaged it, and it's almost all gone now!  I think massage is a joke too.   Your body heals scars on its own, don't mess with nature, i really, really think massage is counter productive.  My Dr. was  not too keen on massage either.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I am over 15 weeks out and don't pay any attention because swelling is gone or minimal.  But I had swelling about a week after and your chest will change many, many times before it settles.  Doctors are not joking when they say you will see final results in 6 months.  Also i had lots of scar tissue, never massaged it, and it's almost all gone now!  I think massage is a joke too.   Your body heals scars on its own, don't mess with nature, i really, really think massage is counter productive.  My Dr. was  not too keen on massage either.
Thanks a million for the cues man. I wish I could see a few pictures of what post-op swelling looks like...

Offline sla

• Posting Member
Could it be that a drenage AGAIN could solve the swelling problem??

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Could it be that a drenage AGAIN could solve the swelling problem??
I am not sure what you are referring to. From what I read here, some people go home with some sort of post-op "drainage" system but that was not my case. I have had my surgery done by Dr Frank Lista in Toronto (see his technique here).

Otherwise, I am absolutely thrilled by the look of my new chest. 5 days post-op and it looks fantastic. The best 5000$ I've ever spent.

Viva Dr Lista !   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024