Author Topic: New guy here, with a question about compression shirts  (Read 16970 times)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Mines still going strong and I've been running, playing, and sweating in it. It's still pretty snug.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
I found the Under Armour shirt on sale for $10, so I grabbed one. So far, so good... it's very tight, but comfortable. (I got the Medium, even though the sizing chart suggested a Large.) It doesn't flatten my chest, but it does make it a bit less noticeable and stops the jiggling/bouncing. The material is definitely breathable and has not made me feel hot or sweaty. And I haven't had any problems with it yanking on my chest hair, as another forum member experienced. Not bad for 10 bucks.  I just hope it doesn't become stretched out and useless after a few uses.
Which one did you get?

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
I got this one (in black):

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/apparel/tops/heatgear/pid1201166-Men-s-HeatGear-Full-T/1201166-400

I plan to get a couple of white ones, too.

OH! And this is great news: I was at Wal-Mart a few days ago and found some compression shirts made by Starter, and they appear to be completely identical to the ones from Under Armour. The logos are in the same place, the seams are in the same place, the material blend is exactly the same (81% poly, 19% elastane), they're both made in the same country, etc. The Starter shirts are $10, regular everyday price. It's good to know that I'll be able to get those all the time, rather than pay $25 for the Under Armour when the close-out sale ends. (Which I think it already did, actually.)

Here is the Starter compression shirt at Wal-Mart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11040433

I know it looks different, but trust me, it's identical to the Under Armour shirt. The reason it looks different is because it's not on a display thingy that gives it pecs and abs.  :D

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
It appears that this topic, as well as my other Under Armour topic, have both been moved to the Surgery/Compression Garments section. Again, I must stress that these shirts are NOT designed for post-surgery compression, and anyone who used them for that purpose would be doing themselves a disservice, and potentially causing harm.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024