Author Topic: Incisions re-opening  (Read 2002 times)

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I'm five weeks post op for excision only. I have a seroma on both sides which has been aspirated weekly since surgery for three weeks after surgery, the seromas are still there buy a lot smaller that 1 week after surgery. Part of my incision around the areola in two areas has started leaking some of the serous fluid, the holes where the fluid is coming out is less than 1mm. I've visited my doctor about it and he said ther's no infection and not to worry. Has anyone else had this happen and should i call my surgeon?

Any help would be appreciated

Offline kingboob

Yes I have experienced that myself...... the fluid that comes out is usually pale yellow, or may be  a slightly blood stained pinkish colour.       In my experience it will keep draining for a while and then close up.

If the area around the wound starts to go red, hot and tender to touch, if you see pus or if you start to run a temperature / fever and feel unwell then it could be infected and going to a doctor would be the thing to do.   

I believe it is quite common after some surgeries to be honest......  I had a tummy tuck and I had quite large amounts of fluid leaking out for a fair time..... unpleasant but not really harmful.    I also had an experience where I went back to the gym far to soon, went on a resistance machine and large amounts of fluid from a seroma (which I didn't know I had) exploded through a weak point in the scar and it looked as though I had peed myself....... luckily the gym was virtually empty and I managed to sneak out without anyone noticing.

A persistent seroma and drainage could be a sign that you are doing too much too soon after surgery; I know it was in my case.

If concerned obviously call your surgeon.

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Thanks kingboob really appreciate you sharing your exeriance. I wish it would reabsorb as I believe it's what's causin my nipple/areola to puff out as well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024