Author Topic: 5 weeks post op question  (Read 1755 times)

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
Hello all, I am 5 weeks post op now, decided to push myself a little (bad idea) slept for about an hour on my chest, despite having some on and off pain, after I got up and took off the vest noticed some pretty good swelling going on nipples were a little puffy and pink? going to be a lot more careful from now on, but do you guys have any thoughts, hoping I didn't do any permanent damage or screw up my results.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Take it easy man and try to stop worrying. The usual counter indication to not sleep on your chest is just for the first few hours/days post-op. You're fine, especially if you're wearing a compression vest.

Also stop worrying too much about your chest's appearance. It will change *a lot* in the upcoming months. Ultimately, you will end up looking pretty much the way you did right after the surgery. The intermediate variation is just your body reacting to the brutality of the procedure and yes, it does so for months.

Up to 12... 

So kick back, have a beer and enjoy your new looks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Most certainly agree with don_joe.

Healing takes several months at a minimum.  Occasional swelling that you see (and worry about) will eventually disappear on its own.  And truly, at this point in the healing phase, there is nothing that you  can do other than perhaps to continue to wear you compression garment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Goodlooking

Is wondering my vest is very tight is that bad? Had surgery 2 days ago?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I usually recommend a snug compression garment.  Too loose and it won't do the job of applying pressure to diminish swelling.  Too tight and it could interfere with blood supply, which is necessary for healing.

Best to check with your surgeon as to how tight to wear it.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024