Author Topic: Post surgery plasters  (Read 2616 times)

Offline chad1721

• Posting Member
I had my surgery one week ago today with Dr. Karidis, I am really happy with the results! One quick question, I am due to take of the plasters later on today or tommorrow and i am wondering whether i need to replace them or leave them off, is there any other advantage of replacing them other than keeping out infection and preventing your nipples getting wet when you shower?

If anyone has any questions about the procedure feel free to ask!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Call your surgeon's office for advice on post-op care. Only they can address the specific issues of your surgery.

Good luck!

Offline jimbojet

Had my op with Dr. Karidis ten days ago. Chantelle, his nurse, told me to replace mine after a week and I'm still wearing the second set now. The armpit ones kept on coming off because they rubbed against the armholes of the compression vest - I still replaced them after a week but they soon fell off so I left it that way. The armpit incisions are just 2mm scabs at the mo, and for me at least, they're fine without a plaster.

I have a similar question to ask any other Dr K patients though (obviously I'd like to hear from anyone else too if you know the answer!). The nurse told me to change the waterproof plasters after a week, but she never said how long go to leave them on after that. How long did you keep your waterproof plasters on after the op?
Thanks

DrBermant

I had my surgery one week ago today with Dr. Karidis, I am really happy with the results! One quick question, I am due to take of the plasters later on today or tommorrow and i am wondering whether i need to replace them or leave them off, is there any other advantage of replacing them other than keeping out infection and preventing your nipples getting wet when you shower?

If anyone has any questions about the procedure feel free to ask!

Dressings After Gynecomastia Surgery are very doctor specific and management should be deferred to the operating doctor. Messing with the proper methodology can hurt a result.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024