Author Topic: Just had surgery -- want to vent, alittle.  (Read 3277 times)

Offline thewiz

• Posting Member
Had my surgery less than 48 hrs ago!

Anyways, considering I cannot sleep or do much right now.. maybe I'll vent about my post-op.

The compression vest and binding are just killing me. It's SO uncomfortable. It might be better once I take it off tomorrow morning for my first shower post-op, but so far it's been terrible. I can barely breathe, I can barely move, I'm stuck in a slouched position with back pain now. Besides being sore, the only real pain I have is under my armpits where the binding is slowly making its mark of death. I can't sleep on my back -- I have trouble sleeping in general, but sleeping on my back is an entirely new thing..I'm not even sure how I'm going to sleep for the next couple of weeks. And when I tried sleeping on my back, the back pain that comes along with it is just fantastic.

I know I'm being entirely negative but hopefully it gets comfortable after my shower, otherwise I'm going to have a looooong 3-4 weeks ahead of me.

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
The compression vest and binding are just killing me.- FEW HOURS/DAY OF DISCOMFORT MATE..LIFES GOING TO BE GOOD AFTER THAT :)..
 It's SO uncomfortable.- I AGREE..HAD MY SURGERY ON 23RD NOVEMBER..AND I AM STILL WEARING THE VEST AS I TYPE..AND I WILL BE WEARING IT FOR NEXT 2 WEEKS..CUZ IT WILL HEAL MUCH BETTER.. It might be better once I take it off tomorrow morning for my first shower post-op, but so far it's been terrible-- FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT AND BETTER HEALING.. WEAR IT ASAP AFTER YOUR  SHOWER..DO YOUR DRESSING AND PUT IT BACK ON.. TRUST ME --ITS VERY BENEFICIAL... I can barely breathe, I can barely move, I'm stuck in a slouched position with back pain now- U FEEL LIKE I FELT ON 23RD NOVEMBER NITE.. - INTERSTNGLY MY OPERATED AREA--LIKE CHEST AND NIPPLES ETC..WERE NOT IN PAIN BUT MY BACK WAS IN PAIN..REASON...CUZ I CUDNT TURN ON SIDES.. ON SLEEP ON MY STOMACH...IT WAS HIGHLY UNCOMFORTABLE..BUT ALL WORTH THE FINAL RESULTS... Besides being sore, the only real pain I have is under my armpits where the binding is slowly making its mark of death.- PRETTY NORMAL - YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WERE NEEDELES DEEP INSIDE YOUR BODY.IMAGINE THE PAIN FROM A NEEDLE PRICK.. AND THIS IS A NEEDLE INSIDE YOUR BODY..ITS JUST U WERE ASLEEP OR ELSE --YOU DONT WANNA KNOW!! ::p... I can't sleep on my back -- I have trouble sleeping in general, but sleeping on my back is an entirely new thing..I'm not even sure how I'm going to sleep for the next couple of weeks-- TRUST ME - YOU WILL GET USED IT AND I AM NOW..TOOK ME 3-4 DAYS.. U R CORRECT 100%..THE QUALITY OF SLEEP SUCKS..U WAKE UP EVERY 1 HOUR OR SO..BUT THINK OF THE BIGGER PICTURE:). And when I tried sleeping on my back, the back pain that comes along with it is just fantastic.

I know I'm being entirely negative but hopefully it gets comfortable after my shower, otherwise I'm going to have a looooong 3-4 weeks ahead of me.... U R NOT BEING NEGATIVE.. :)..ITS WHAT MOST OF US GO THROUGH AFTER SURGERY..THERE ARE SOME WHO WALK AND FLY STRAIGHT AWAY BUT TRUST ME 90% GO THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE GOING....

ITS GOING TO BE FEW DAYS/MAXIMUM FEW WEEKS..BUT THEN IMAGINE.. NO BAGGY TSHIRTS..NO WALKING WITH A HUMP..NO THINKING TWICE WHEN AT A BEACH..AH MAN..LIFEZ GOING TO BE GOOD NOW:)

HAVE A GOOD RECOVERY MATE:).
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline thewiz

• Posting Member
Well, just took my first shower... I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. Everyone was right.

Taking off the tape was difficult and took a while and as I was taking it off, a little blood came out of stitching on the areola. It felt as if the stitches were getting pulled apart -- ouch! It's a bit better now. The vest and binding are not really a problem anymore and I can breathe so much easier now! (maybe it should be tighter then?)

Here's a pic:

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
mate.. ur chest  looks way better than mine..:)
well done mate..
congrates..---how do u feel?

Well, just took my first shower... I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. Everyone was right.

Taking off the tape was difficult and took a while and as I was taking it off, a little blood came out of stitching on the areola. It felt as if the stitches were getting pulled apart -- ouch! It's a bit better now. The vest and binding are not really a problem anymore and I can breathe so much easier now! (maybe it should be tighter then?)

Here's a pic:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:05:18 PM by thezombie »

Offline thewiz

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response! I feel pretty good, I'm confident that I'll be feeling better each day.

I probably didn't have a severe case of gyne as many do, so maybe that is why it looks better. Then again, I shouldn't take anything away from my surgeon, who is fantastic.

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
My vest was kind of cutting into me a well but I put a compression shirt underneath it and that really helped out. Thing only get better from here.

BTW, did your doctor tell you to take the tape off? I was told to keep mine on for at least a week to allow for healing. I realize that everyone is different but just curious.

Offline thewiz

• Posting Member
Yeah, my instructions say to take the tape off, and then after my shower to put antiseptic ointment at my incision sites and put a band-aid over it.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:42:38 AM by thewiz »

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
BTW, did your doctor tell you to take the tape off? I was told to keep mine on for at least a week to allow for healing. I realize that everyone is different but just curious.

Same here. I had surgery on 12/2 and I still have white bandages covers my nipples. I get those off on Monday morning and I'm pretty excited to finally see the results.

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
same story - after every shower - clean with solution. apply this ointment.. gauss..and sticky tape..
the doc said back then -it was to be done for 15 days..so i wud say.. another 7 days to go..yeh:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024