Author Topic: Three week post op-swelling. Has anyone had this resolve itself?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline ike87

Hi

I am three weeks post op from bilateral gynecomastia correction with lipo/excision. I am in good shape, former athlete and workout regularly. Three weeks now and I still have hard lump under both nipples, looks like I have a more mild case of gyno rather than gyno free. I am kind of disappointed and beginning to doubt my surgeon choice, although he seemed like he knew what he was doing, board certified plastic surgeon had done the operation before etc.

What I am looking for is any stories of people who have had what I described and had it resolve itself or not had it resolve itself or from surgeons who can comment. I would like some more insight into how this is going to play out.

Thanks

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
don't sweat it man, i'm 3 weeks post op too and i'm still pretty swollen. it could take months for the swelling to settle down. just gotta play the patience game. also, my case wasn't severe at all

Offline ike87

ride,

I hope you are right. I am nervous because I can feel hard tissue underneath both areolas (more in left). I am worried the surgeon may have left too much gland in, but its hard to tell what it is exactly. Anyways, hopefully will resolve.

Offline element_01

• Posting Member
im 3 weeks post op as well and there's still some noticeable swelling im hoping once everything settles down my chest will be nice and flat. i also had a very mild case as well from my research seems like it takes a least a couple months before you can really start seeing results

Offline gyno_gaz

• Posting Member
you guys still bruised also ? i'm 3 weeks PO and whole breasts are still yellow/green and very very sore. Do you guys have the sensitivity issue also ? i cant have anything touch my chest bar my vest :(

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
how old are you guys? i am wondering may be slow healing is related to age?

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
i have heard usually ppl recover in 3 to 5 weeks..
r may be u guys are not wearing compression vest 24/7?

Offline iconnect

• Posting Member
I would say that the hard lumps are scar tissues rather than breast tissue..Its a very common problem among surgery recovering patients..this can be resolved my massaging it once you are able to do it without pain

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
Ya Im guessing its scar tissue. I had the same. Its still slowly going away and im seven months post op. The 3-5 week recovery is really just the first step. Like you can go back to your normal life after that. But the healing process is complex and the tissue remodeling your body does takes much longer.

Offline nygiants92

• Posting Member
As of today (4/25), I am currently at my 3 week mark as well. Since the original poster, posted this over a month ago, I was wondering how you are feeling now?

For the first week or so I was really flat with not much swelling but the swelling has gone up past week 2 and hasn't subsided yet. I actually started exercising today as well, which I heard can add even more swelling. Yeah when I take my vest off, my chest still feels very vulnerable and a little numb.

What I'm worried about is that 3 weeks from now when I can take my vest off, I'm going to feel okay.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024