Author Topic: weird problem  (Read 4340 times)

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
i too have puffy nipple but when i touch em or apply something  cold or have a bath...it becomes normal....does it mean that there is hope that it will become normal?

Offline prabal

• Posting Member
I also have exactly the same problem. I think they puff out due to hormonal imbalance or there can be some extra tissue underneath. If it is due to hormones, then medicines can solve it. Otherwise you will need surgery.

But i suggest you do visit a doctor to get the expert opinion. Goodluck!

P.s. sorry for my bad english its not my first language

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Hormones MIGHT do a little something if its within the first two years, chances are they wont. Id go see an endocrinologist, and a Plastic surgeon if you want to get rid of it. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Puffy nipples are due to solid breast tissue directly beneath the areola which push the tissues outward, thereby creating a rounded or dome-like appearance to the areola. 

When nipples (puffy or not) are physically stimulated or exposed to cold temperatures, a small muscle layer within the skin of the areola will contract and literally push the solid breast tissue into the breast.  This results in tiny ridges on the areolar skin, a shrinkage of the areolar diameter and a flattening of the areola itself.  But this is obviously temporary.  When the muscle relaxes, the puffiness returns.  These changes are NOT due to minute-to-minute hormonal fluctuation.

If you have had puffy nipples for more than two years or so, you would require surgery for a permanent fix.  If you do not want surgery, then suggest you walk around with an ice cube in each hand!   ;)

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Doc, do u typically use Lipo as well as excision for puffy nipples on muscular guys. My surgeon said he would decide when he got in there on me. I don't think he did. As of now there's not a huge difference in y chest but my nipples seem somewhat deflated and pressed down from constant compression. I know patience is key as I am only a week post op..what r ur thoughts?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Treatment of puffy nipples on slender guys appears deceptively simple -- it is not.  some surgeons just go in and remove the apparent excess tissue, thereby trying to achieve a flattened nipple.  The problem is that the surrounding skin has to be loosened as well, otherwise the areola will have no where to go and may remain somewhat puffy.

I perform an excision and then use a lipo instrument, often without suction, to loosen up the surrounding skin.  And sometimes I need a fat flap to reconstruct support under the areola with fat.

As I said, what appears simple to do is not really simple.

Dr Jacobs

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Alright, im not sure if he did that or not but at my post op he said that i have loose skin mainly above the nipple and when that tightens up it should make it lay flat. Im only a week post op as im sure i am still quite swollen. Thought id be better at waiting than this haha...

Offline occasional fighter

• Posting Member
I for one don't give a damn if the nipple is puffy. As for me, it's pretty normal. I just hate that on top of having puffy nipples I have the breast tissue protruding and pushing the nips forward which gives them a very disturbing weird shape, like sharp cones, as if I was a 13 year old girl whose breasts just started developing. they're anti-naturally sharp and pointed. now that's a real death sentence. who cares if your nipples are just puffy, that is completely unimportant does anybody know how many guys have simply puffy nips? millions of them. It's like having blond or black hair, it doesn't matter.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024