Author Topic: pains about 3 weeks post-surgery  (Read 1589 times)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hi everyone,

I had surgery done in the UK with Dr Levick on September 26th, so about 3 weeks ago.

The past couple of days I have been getting pains around the nipple area and sides of the chest. I feel really numb there as well. I am not sure why I feel worse right now than last week. I feel similar to how I did just after surgery!

I can't think what would have caused this. Anyone have any advice or reassurances? I am concerned I may have affected the tissue that is healing underneath and I have screwed up the healing...

Thanks!

Offline Poobs

• Posting Member
You're experiencing pain because about 3 weeks ago you had a huge chunk of flesh cut out of you internally and a great big needle poking about against the muscle sucking fat out. You should probably expect a little pain from that.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply, I realise I sounded naive there but the pain was very severe and I had to get back on strong pain killers whereas the past week I was surprisingly okay. It seemed weird to take a turn for the worse and thought perhaps something got disturbed under the skin.

I have been taking nurofen/ibuprofen which has helped but still not back to the way I was last week. Hoping to get better. I think all the nerves are getting in a state of high alert now as the healing is going as everything is becoming more sensitive. Maybe I was too numb before, though I still am very numb now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024