Author Topic: Massive Hematoma after surgery, surgeon wants to wait?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline rcs8901

I had gynecomastia surgery 3 days ago (excision + lipo) and i developed a very, very large hematoma the night of the surgery. I had a follow up with my PS this morning and raised that i was very worried about it and wanted to discuss what to do. He advised waiting it out as the body would absorb the hematoma eventually. I asked if we could do a draining but he advised that there is nothing to drain since it is still hard. I have another follow up with him in a week.
I am extremely concerned because, compared to the rest of the hematomas i see on this forum, mine is so much more massive. I am very worried about this and my surgeons approach. I would appreciate if any doctors could lend their opinions
Here is a link to a picture: http://imgur.com/CPvMaVe

Offline GynoThrowaway

• Posting Member
I had gynecomastia surgery 3 days ago (excision + lipo) and i developed a very, very large hematoma the night of the surgery. I had a follow up with my PS this morning and raised that i was very worried about it and wanted to discuss what to do. He advised waiting it out as the body would absorb the hematoma eventually. I asked if we could do a draining but he advised that there is nothing to drain since it is still hard. I have another follow up with him in a week.
I am extremely concerned because, compared to the rest of the hematomas i see on this forum, mine is so much more massive. I am very worried about this and my surgeons approach. I would appreciate if any doctors could lend their opinions
Here is a link to a picture: http://imgur.com/CPvMaVe

what happened?

Offline Turbotime15

• Posting Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry, but the person who started this topic has not been active since May of 2016. 
Actually, that is a good sign that his problem has been resolved.  When a person has an ongoing problem they usually stay in touch, but once the problems are resolved they have no reason to return to our site.  This is a sad situation for us though as it would be helpful to have them here to answer questions and perhaps put to rest the fears and concerns of others.
We had a guy in Canada who went by the name of Grandpa Bambu.  He was one of the exceptions and he stayed with us for a good long time.  But he too eventually left us.  His posts are archived though.  If you want to see things from the perspective of a man who had a good surgical outcome, look up "Grandpa Bambu".
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024