Author Topic: Vent.  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Lady and gents,

At risk of sounding self indulgent, I need to get something off my chest (but not literally, lol!). I have moobs that can hold a pencil without me slouching, but I doubt that it is real gyno. There is no pain or irritation or the feeling of anything rubbery undrneath. There is also no embarrassment at the beach, because someone will always be bigger than me. I am shit scared of my future due to a chronic health condition but perversely excited that future treatment will result in real gyno. I have had a bra fetish for decades and probably know more about them than my wife. I love escaping to my other little world, wearing certain articles of clothing and it has become normal to do so after hours. I do not suffer from gender dysphoria; I will always be comfortable presenting as male in real life. I fully understand that this forum is not designed for people like me, but I have found it helpful and I think that I have been able to sometimes support others too, and I truly appreciate the friendships that I have made along the way. At the end of the day boobs are boobs, whatever their genesis. Many of you understand that but history shows that some don't. I don't miss them! I have no desire to explore other forums that some people might imagine as being more appropriate for me; I am happy to keep lurking here if I don't feel that I have anything to contrtibute. So, I do. I'll chip in if I think I can help.

Lady and gents, I am also concerned that I might be identified by others local to me, who may be searching for answers. In a few days time I will change my username to make my identity more obscure.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to get it out there that I recognize that I'm not in the same league as most of you, but I still feel that I might have a reason to be here. I totally accept my body, my feelings and my future, scary as it might be. 

Confused old man

Thank you for sharing your story. But being concerned that people local to you searching for the same answers as you might find out who you are...your in the same boat! Just maybe it would be helpful that you did know others like yourself. It’s like going to a nudist resort and your neighbors are there..you are all there for the same reason.....so nothing to fear.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I don't have pain either... no back pain, no nipple pain, no pain beneath the surface of my breasts.  Yes, I feel a mass at the center of each breast when I press in but nothing else.  And my affection for brassieres long predated any need to wear a brassiere.  I'm wearing a brassiere more often but there is definitely an erotic component to that, and not a physical need.  I've noted my history of sexual abuse which I know is tied into my affection for lingerie but that is really beside the point when it comes to self-acceptance.  I can unpack it psychologically with the intention of extinguishing the behavior, but frankly, it has been with me so long AND my breasts have grown as I age and the hormonal stew in my body has less testosterone... leaving the estrogen in charge.  So I'm working WITH the reality of having breasts.  As my old boss used to say... You can't push a string up hill.  All of that is to say this adventure is not a one-size fits all even if men on this site feel the need to focus on comfort and practicality rather than leaning into any sort of affection for the reality of their lives.  But honestly, listening to the banter that happens here I've little doubt that this whole journey has produced a fixation on both breasts and brassieres for some among us.  But we'll keep that a secret, okay?

aboywithgirls

I know that I am an outlier here. Most here know where I came from and where I'm at.

A bra is is unique in the fact that is a blend of function and fashion. It can provide the wearer with either or both. For myself being a woman who happens to be transgender it provides both. It functions as comfort, support and shape for my breasts. I wear a 36H UK sizing in most of my bras. In US bras I'm more of a 36J or K. It's not practical for me to go braless and not welcomed at my workplace per our dress code. As woman, I have grown to appreciate how the bra looks when I'm wearing it. The color, the coverage, the overall design matters to me. However, I don't feel that you have to be a woman to wear what you like wearing.

There shouldn't be a debate about something that is pertinent only to the person who is wearing it.

Hugs
Sophie

Offline blad

I would suggest changing your name to Aussie64.

In all seriousness I would not worry about name changes. You should continue to be you and post when you see fit to add to the conversation.

As has been said before,  the users of this site are a wide spectrum; from completely functionally and logically based to a more ethereal interpretation of their need for bra support. No one group along this spectrum morally "owns" this site.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I know that I am an outlier here. Most here know where I came from and where I'm at...

There shouldn't be a debate about something that is pertinent only to the person who is wearing it.

Hugs
Sophie
Yes, you are an outlier but in the nicest way.  You are clear that what has happened in your body that feminizes you suits your temperament and you've chosen to express this reality as a woman who calls herself transgender.  Doubtless the folks who come to this website are all dealing with gender fluidity.  We're not conventionally hard-bodied men.  The hormonal stew we carry affects our bodies and our temperaments as it has yours.  Most of us are content to live as men who wear brassieres because we've developed breasts along the way.  Some have wives who understand and support, others have wives who are confused by what is happening and don't know whether they want to participate in the brassiere buying enterprise.  Others of us are not living with a woman either as wife or partner and we're doing our own thing around the fact of breasts appearing on our chests and sometimes growing.  One doesn't need to make the commitment to transitioning to be left dealing with the consequences of our bodies becoming more feminine.  That is what is happening.  In a way we're all outliers from conventional masculinity, however that reality manifests for each of us.  As one man said, his wife is appreciative of the changes that have happened temperamentally as his breasts have grown.  Estrogen is a powerful hormone.  Having more of it, among other things, makes us more sensitive.  That we might celebrate this process, even with the development of breasts, is not surprising.  Certainly, it makes acceptance easier.  I'm glad  you choose to participate in this conversation.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
In a way we're all outliers from conventional masculinity, 
Love those words!  

Thank you all, for once again bringing me back down to earth. I feel like I've been stuck in a rut lately and I just wanted to reach out. I feel better for it. I love the genuine warmth and good wishes shown between people here, whether it is what I receive or what I witness between others. Despite the occasional hiccup it is by far the friendliest forum I've ever been part of.  

Regarding my username, c.o.m. and blad you both made good points. Perhaps my recent torpor also made me a bit paranoid. I'll be ok.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
A bit late to this party, but this sounds a lot like my position.  Male all the way, both physically and emotionally, but happen to have a bunch of adipose chest/breast tissue that ebbs and flows in size for unknown reasons (I blame sodium intake or eating at Mcdonald's at any point in the past year - LOL).  We may not have intentionally invited this into our lives, but we do need to deal with it as best we are able to.  I think I've said this before, but a person that is both comfortable and confident with themselves will likely go unnoticed by others, if that is the goal.

Whatever your personal reason is to be here, be it looking for acceptance, support (physical or emotional), flaunting it, hiding it, literally "whatever"; I think this group of men are here for you and implicitly "good with" whatever you are feeling and legit want to help you.  

If it helps, where I am today is that I am still "male all the way", but around two months ago my (adipose) chest tissue ended up becoming heavy and uncomfortable again without any reason after more than a year, that I could point to.  Just being in a car on a bumpy road had become legit painful :( I started wearing my Sports Bras again for a while to deal with this, and my wife claimed to be fine with this.  Fast forward a bit, and the condition has subsided to the point where the bras are tucked away in a drawer again.

Next week my family and I will be in Orlando (Disney), and I do intend to pack a couple/few Sports Bras just in case I "boomf out" again. but I feel like I'm currently "ebb" as opposed to "flow" in this regard, which is a good thing for me.

Shorter version: whatever your reason for being here, you will ultimately find a friend that shares your particular walk of life.  I have never seen a user here to make light of anyone's personal situation or be unwilling to provide a better link to follow based on your experiences/feelings.

Offline SideSet

That is a telling image. Packing some of your bras for a trip. 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
That is a telling image. Packing some of your bras for a trip.

Right?

Offline Busty

Packing like a woman does 

aboywithgirls

That is a telling image. Packing some of your bras for a trip.
Yes. A woman will make sure she has whatever bras she anticipates she'll need on a trip. I know that I do this. I actually always seem to overpack.  However, before transitioning, it wasn’t really any different. The only aspect that has changed is as a woman, I wear certain tops and dresses that I pack a black and nude strapless bra I addition to all of the other bras which I already pack too many.

Offline Busty

I think about what I will be doing and wearing on the trip and try to make sure I bring the appropriate bras. Nothing more frustrating than going to get dressed and discovering you left home the bra you wanted to wear. 

aboywithgirls

I think about what I will be doing and wearing on the trip and try to make sure I bring the appropriate bras. Nothing more frustrating than going to get dressed and discovering you left home the bra you wanted to wear.
Oh yes. Been there and done that. I use an underwear organizer like this one

JJ POWER Travel Underwear Organizer, Large Compartment Lightweight Double Layer Cosmetic Bag, Bra Bag for Travel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725CDWYZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_1406JBM09QV8D57598BB?psc=1

when I Travel. As long as I'm careful with what bras I pack, I can pack a week's worth of bras, panties, hosiery and even my makeup in it.

Offline blad

When we are getting ready to leave on a trip, my wife will remind me to pack the bras I will want. Not that I need reminding.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024