Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 4332 times)

Offline itsgonnachangeme

hi guys,

I had my surgery 2 months back and was just lipo. i was on compression vest for abt a month. There has been a change in the size, but not to a gr8 extent. I however have developed hardness underneath the nipples. It does not pain usualy and keeps the area numb. I visited my doc and he says its coz of blood clot and said that would go off by 8-10 weeks post op. I am on my 9th week now and nothing has changed at all. is this normal? has anyone had this issue. My nipples too are puffy. off late i have become very concerned.

thanks

Offline jsbaz

• Posting Member
I also had my Lipo Only surgery 8 weeks ago and I am getting concerned too.  I had Chest, Flanks, and Abs done but my chest does not look much different, and I have Puffy Nipples.  The DR said it takes at least 3 months, but I don't believe it.  I have a feeling that I wll be going back for a revision and excision.  I questioned the DR before surgery about doing excision and he told me that I didn't have any breast tissue so Lipo only would work fine.  I think this was a mistake, but I am going to wait it out until my next Dr appt after 3 months.

Good Luck and keep posting

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
jsbaz,

I read one of your posts and I can relate. I am coming up on 3 weeks post op and I am also concerned about my resutl and already wondering if I will need a revision.  You don't live in Chicago by any chance do you?  Who did your surgury?

Let me know if you have learned anything more and I will do the same.

Thanks

Offline itsgonnachangeme

jsbaz, my doc too convinced me that i do not have any issues with tissue and lipo is good enough. I am meeting him in a couple of days.  I hope some thing is resolved without a revision, just don't wanna go thru all that again.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Did you guys have puffy nips before surgery? I had lipo  2 months ago and was perfectly flat when I looked the next day. I thought that I would get some swelling but never did. My nips were never puffy before surgery or after. I do have a hard little lump behind each nipple that I am massaging but it does not make my nip puffy or stick out.  I'm not sure, but I think if your nips were puffy before surgery it is a sign of gland. Hope this helped.

Offline itsgonnachangeme

I did have pufy nipples, but could not feel the gland. I have read in some website that when there is a gland present you can feel it and it is sometimes painful when pressed.

I also massage the area but not much has changed. I have an appointment on Tue lets see how i go.

Offline Grrrrr

• Posting Member
scar tissue

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024