Author Topic: Help with fluid build up  (Read 3171 times)

Offline BRADDY

• Posting Member
Its been nearly 4 weeks since my operation. My left pec looks perfect, very flat pec and nipple. I wish i could say the same for my right.

Last monday i went back to my PS with concerns. My right nipple has a fluid sack behind it, making  it look no different than before my operation. I know its not fat glad ect . When i tap the skin round the nipple it has a water bed effect. Therefore its obvious its fluid.
He drained some dark reddish fluid out the area, making it look flat. He put some padding on the area to make sure there was enough pressure with the vest.

Its nearly been a week since and i have had to book to see him again. The pec has filled up again just like before. Im getting worried about this now. I have no idea why this is happening. Was there not enough pressure on the drained sight?? Its REALLY doing my head in.

Could anybody  give me some help regarding this, to help calm me down

Cheers

Offline BRADDY

• Posting Member
has anybody been through the same???

Offline Gyno Is Wack

• Posting Member
Same thing happened to me, but I am only a week post-op with no compression vest.

That really sucks that the fluids came back 4 weeks post-op. I hope I wont go thru that 4 weeks later.

Wear that vest 24/7 if you have to and avoid sleeping on your stomach or on the side. After the my first drainage a few days ago, the fluid didnt came back right away because I didnt have any compression.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I totally feel your pain.  I just ended a 5 week bought with a seroma.  I got it drained so many times I can't remember the count.  What worked best was when he put a drain in.  It is a total pain to deal with, but it provided constant suction under the skin, so it can't swell.  I actually think every surgery should end with drains.  It made my skin pull to my chest like a stamp. I would ask my PS about getting one if he drains it again and it comes back.  After my first surgery he drained the same side twice and it never come back. After my revision it was more persistant.  Over all, I would say, don't worry too much.  Just stay on top of it. Don't let you PS tell you it will go away by itself.  I really think prolonged fluid build up promotes scar tissue. someone might call me an idiot for my non scientific theory,  but I only have scar tissue where I had fluid build up that I let sit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024