Author Topic: 3rd day  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
It's my 3rd day post op and I have had no pain medication for 24 hours.  Feeling OK, too.  The P.S. took the drains out yesterday and said I can take a shower tonight.  I'm totally looking forward to that!  

No real problems so far.  I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.  I chose to not look in the mirror during my bandage change yesterday, but my wife was there and said I looked "totally different".   She was smiling when she said "different", but I didn't ask whether she meant that in a good or bad way.  

I'm apparently bruised and swollen in places but the P.S. seemed pleased with his work when he saw me.  I'll try to have the courage to look at myself in the mirror tonight when I take my shower.  I'll let you know.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Mr. Nip  - I am almost exactly in the same boat is you. I had excision on September 5th, and am recovering as I type. I had a big hematoma and had to get drained at the ER (on my left side). So right now, my right side looks perfect, and then my left side is well... ummm, scary!

It took me a lot of courage to look at my self in the mirror after, be prepared for anything. I also had my mother changing my bandages, and doctors looking at my chest and I had to close my eyes. Start by just peeking under your tensors/binder and working your way up to looking in the mirror.

Good Luck!

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Yes, even with this being my second surgery (Aug 31) I was still overwhelmed when I finally saw myself in the mirror. I also had my waist and flanks done at the same time so I am really sore especially in the stomach and waist area. Also there is a lot more of me that looks really scary.

Keep talking about it, especially here, it really helps move through the moods that follow surgery to keep sharing.

I had a friend take some unrapped pictures of me yesterday. He throught I looked great. I do believe that I am healing well. If anything, I think the doctor took to much from my chest. I will survive. Just more weight lifting.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Mr. Nip/ Toxicity:

We are in the same boat. I had mine done on 6th Sept in Toronto with Dr. Fielding. Today is my 3 rd day and by grace of god, no pain yet. Tensor belt is very tight so feel uncomfort while sleeping. Actually, I can't sleep in bed. I sleep in love sit Sofa (that's better somehow).

I am going to see my doctor on Tuesday and that time he will remove the bandage and wrap. That time I will see the actual result. I hope it went all good !!!

I had a big size boobs so I am not expecting a complete flat cheast. But something closer to 75-80% will make my life happier.

My wife tells me the same thing. She feel difference. Now my belly stucks out than my boobs. So now it will be time to hit the gyme and reduce the fat on the belly.

Hope I see better relut on Tuesday.

Where have you guys done your surgery?
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Mr_Nip

Mr. Nip/ Toxicity:

My wife tells me the same thing. She feel difference. Now my belly stucks out than my boobs. So now it will be time to hit the gyme and reduce the fat on the belly.

Hope I see better relut on Tuesday.

Where have you guys done your surgery?

I know what you mean about the belly.  This vest squeezes my belly out from the bottom of it, making it look bigger than ever.  :-[
I almost wish I had done like Merle and had him lipo the belly a little while I was there.

At any rate, it's the gym for me too, bro.  

My surgery was done by Dr. Siciliano in Hickory, NC.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes. I will hit the gyme first thing I recover from opration. Atleast start with treadmill and then go slowly up to weights.

I really don't want to wait for long....

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
I had excision on September 5th, and am recovering as I type.

I've also performed my gynecomastia surgery on 5th september.
Today I took off my drains and the bandages that were covering my chest.
I was very happy with the result... I couldn't believe that was my chest lol (I still don't  ::)).
It's pretty flat, like never was...

I don't feel swollen nor bruised. I just fell some pain caused by the drains.
I also have some loss of breast sensation, but I think it's normal. (the sensation looks like i was touching someones chest lol)

(This is my 4th day of post-operatory)

Pedro  ;)
(PORTUGAL)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:47:33 AM by Pedro_portugal »

Offline Mr_Nip

I took my first shower this morning (Sunday).  I decided to wait until today because I was mentally and physically drained yesterday evening.  Plus, I wanted to enjoy a full day of my first day of clean rather than take a shower and go to bed a few hours later.  I know you guys probably don't care about those details.  No offense intended here, but I'm typing this more for my benefit than for yours.

Anyway, I'm thankful for Merle and the others of you who have shared how you felt upon seeing yourself for the first time.  It prepared me well for what I saw.  Actually, when you get past the bruising and stitches all around my areola (resized), it's a pretty impressive positive difference.  I didn't see any noticeable swelling, although I realize I could see swelling months from now.  The best part is that my areolas are soooo much smaller, and the contour of my chest around the sides is awesome (compared to before, that is).  So far I'm saying this is money well-spent.  We'll see.   :)

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
Just had mine done on the 8th!  We are all in the same boat.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
This is quite the club we have going here.

I took my first walk yesterday. I am anxious to get back to the gym. But by doing both the chest and the abs, it will be 5-6 weeks till am really back to lifting. I hope to get the cardio up to speed in a couple of more weeks.

The biggest issue so far for me has been then sleep. It still has not normalized. Certainly makes work less fun.

Merle

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Well, I am 5 days post op. I never did take any pain medication because I didnt feel any pain! Just pennicilin and ibuprofin (anti inflam.).

Been feeling really good, like I could run a marathon, and have just been taking it easy. As I have said, my right side is perfect, but my left suffered major hematoma and bruising. The bruising is starting to go away, but the swelling is still present. I really hope that the swelling starts to subside soon. There is a hole under my aerola where the drain was, that is still open and bleeding. Apparently when I go back to my PS on wednesday, he will stich it up if need be. I am not sure if the blood built up in this side of my chest is relieving itself through the drain hole, or if it is a new source.

Ive been told that swelling can take months to go away. I hope this is not the case, I am very very healthy (and young) and am healing fast. No sensation left in my chest, but apparently this will come back.

I presume that I will start doing some stationary bike cardio on day 10 or so.

That is all for now, Good luck
(had my excision on 5 Sept)

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
There is a hole under my aerola where the drain was, that is still open and bleeding. Apparently when I go back to my PS on wednesday, he will stich it up if need be. I am not sure if the blood built up in this side of my chest is relieving itself through the drain hole, or if it is a new source.

I had two little holes (that are already closed), but instead of they are under the areolas, they were in the axillas, near the lateral side of each breast.

----
Excision on 5th september
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:16:53 PM by Pedro_portugal »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024